Time to become the Gorgeous Grandma, I know I can be!

Options
Hey ya'll. Let me start by saying I've been down this bumpy as heck weight loss road more times then I can count. I do so well for so long and then something happens within my life and my focus switches gears, my health gets put on the back burner. I have 2 amazing daughters, who have given me 2 brand new amazing Grandsons that have made me re-evaluate my goals, focus, health, and lifestyle. I want to watch them grow up and be the cool Grandma who plays catch in the yard or takes them the to rock climbing walls, and rollerblading. I don't want to be the Grandma they associate cakes, cookies, and candy with, but the one who they've truly enjoyed spending time with doing fun and healthy things. Truthfully, I'm totally being selfish and this is the first time I've ever been selfish when it comes to my health and my weight. I have always lost focus and placed it on other people in my life while they have been in need. Now dang nabbit, it's time for me to push myself hard and come out on top. This time it's for the right reason and the only reason.... ME!

Let's do this together. Let's accomplish this fantastic goal we've all set! Let's make this the time we do it for ourselves, and let's enjoy reaping the benefits

Replies

• LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wonderful attitude!! And the grandkids will always remember those times. GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have 2 grandsons & 1 on the way + 3 granddaughter's that I'll need to keep up with. I definately want to be able to run in the park w/them. I am just getting that focus back on myself as well. There are way too many distractions in my life from sick loved ones to holidays etc. but I will not be defeated! Good luck to you & let's keep ourselves accountable no matter what! :flowerforyou:
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm there too! I have a 2 ( almost 3) granddaughter and one that will be here on the 23rd. I have lost a lot of weight and used to be in good shape. Gained 50 lbs back, so time to get it back off and get in shape. Her situation is a bit different, long story short, she is now a single parent. So I need to be able to be there, physically and mentally. I figure I'll be the one doing sports as all the other grandparents are overweight. I want to be as good as a role model as I can.

We can do this!
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am a Glamma as well to the most handsome grandson in the world! I love him and he is full of energy and I want to do as much with him as I can as he grows and changes...Come on grannies, we can do this!!!
  • lemonhead66
    lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am not a granma yet...but I will be one day. What I wanted to share was my mom. This past winter we went skiing with my children and I invited my mom, my kids were thinking she would sit in the lodge most of the day drinking cocoa and boy did she prove them wrong. She skied all day and was looking for more the next day. I was very proud of her and very glad that my kids were able to enjoy this time and have a fun active memory of her.