Getting sick after starting new workout routine?

Options
mommy2maddox
mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
I am probably the only one that this happens to but I am curious if anyone else gets sick right after starting a regular workout routine. I swear I go for 2-3 days and then my body just shuts down. I have been down and out since Friday and finally got my 4th day of Shred in tonight at 9pm! I started on Jan. 7th and am feeling like a pretty big loser at this point.

When I was working out with a trainer I would get sick a lot also. To be honest, I should probably blog all of this. I've had "issues" with getting sick easily almost my whole life. I'm just bummed because I thought when you workout you feel better.

Just wondering if anyone else ever feels that way. TIA!

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This happens to me, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And it is ever since I had chronic mono when I was 17-18 years old. It messed up my physiology.

Now, my body makes too much lactic acid, which builds up in my muscles, it get's hard and marbly. It also causes fatigue faster and i have a seemingly forever jeopardized immune system. Sometimes, if I work out too hard, it can put me out a week.

I am trying my hardest to just somehow work through it...but is is exhausting...so usually if I get 3-4 days in in a row, i end up taking 1-3 days off. but i sincerely want to change this.

When i eat cleaner than not, and I sleep more than not, I do a lot better. But I also deal with insomnia. 1 work out to me feels like death working its way through my blood stream, where as for some other people, it may wear them out, but they usually feel invigorated.

If I just don't think and do it, I can usually just do it regardless and then take an epsom salt bath...a really hot one.
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    See, I think I may need to see a doctor. Of course I get the "hurts so good" pain after a workout or two but my main concern is that I am in more pain in other places. Pain that I KNOW shouldn't be happening. And, I feel so lethargic, sick, and lifeless that I just can't function. It's terrible and I need to figure it out soon. I've been this way my whole life and it is ruining my life. I feel like I know I should after a workout and I'm ok with that. It's how I feel in the morning that I KNOW it is something on top of just that good pain that is wrong.

I have been eating a lot cleaner, drinking a ton of water, working out and I have ZERO energy on top of this pain and fatigue. I can't concentrate to save my life and I have no drive...motivationally, sexually, physically, emotionally. It sucks balls. But it comes back to the pain.

Guess I should find a new doctor in this new state I'm living in.

Thank you for your response, Janelle.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    See, I think I may need to see a doctor. Of course I get the "hurts so good" pain after a workout or two but my main concern is that I am in more pain in other places. Pain that I KNOW shouldn't be happening. And, I feel so lethargic, sick, and lifeless that I just can't function. It's terrible and I need to figure it out soon. I've been this way my whole life and it is ruining my life. I feel like I know I should after a workout and I'm ok with that. It's how I feel in the morning that I KNOW it is something on top of just that good pain that is wrong.

I have been eating a lot cleaner, drinking a ton of water, working out and I have ZERO energy on top of this pain and fatigue. I can't concentrate to save my life and I have no drive...motivationally, sexually, physically, emotionally. It sucks balls. But it comes back to the pain.

Guess I should find a new doctor in this new state I'm living in.

Thank you for your response, Janelle.

You are welcome. My doctor thinks I am crazy, but I am sure I have something like Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Check the symptoms out on those, I fit in all criteria and it sounds like you may as well.

Let me know how your doc appointment goes when you go!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! Always have... Didn't notice it until after highschool though. This time I started taking a womans daily MVI and B complex supplement... I still got sick and even needed antibiotics... As soon as I was feeling well enough (not 100% but still close) I started working out again.. got sick again... took another few days (in total prob 2 weeks) and I've been pretty good since.. It's only been about 1 1/2 months but I am starting to get more energy. Guess it just takes pushing through it?