Starting Tommorow

Options
I have done this program so many times and got as far as week 6 and quit. Really hoping to make it through this time.

Replies

• lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I made it all the way to Week 7 once and then stopped. I am getting ready to finish up Week 6 again this time around, so I'm really hoping to keep pushing through to the end!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    After week 5 it's a mental battle with yourself. You can both do this. Your bodies are ready and able.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 week 1. Easier than I expected but I'm sure it won't be for long!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Restarted the programme last week. Made it to Week 9 last year but have been ill and not running for a couple of months. Using C25K to ease myself back into running (and it really does feel easier this time round - thank goodness!).
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm staring tomorrow, too. I've done the program before, but never gotten past week 3. I'm signed up to do a 5k with my son and his girlfriend on March 23, so I've got to stick with it this time!
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im a week 5 person.

done it twice and twice its week 5.

I think the trick might be to stay on the week you cant pass until you fill you can. That has to be better than giving up totally.

:wink:
  • dixiedoodah
    Options
    I restarted yesterday. Last time I never made it into wk 2. The MFP friend who started with me is in week 6. Back on the wagon for me.
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm staring tomorrow, too. I've done the program before, but never gotten past week 3. I'm signed up to do a 5k with my son and his girlfriend on March 23, so I've got to stick with it this time!

It works if you just plod on with it. Once I got past week 6 it was a big hurdle jumped in my head. Don't run too quickly and find a version of the program that you like. I used the nhs free downloads. Keep on running!