Anyone starting week 3?

Options
RepsnSets
RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
Hi,

I'm starting this week and Im dreading having to run three minutes without stopping lol

Anyone on week 3?

Replies

• Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 3. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Considering I thought Week 1 Day 1 was absolute hell... Nothing was as bad as that day so far.

Don't concentrate on the time. Just run when your app says and don't think of anything bar the rythym till your app says to walk.. Music helps hugely..

Best of luck. I'm starting Week 4 tomorrow.. Not going to look at the length of the runs cause it scares the crap out of me! Lol.. Just going to get good music and run.. (I hope)
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 today:) It wasn't as bad ad I thought it would be. The first three min. run was the worst, I wanted to stop but just kept telling myself any second the chime was coming to say start walking. I made it thru & after that first one the rest didn't seem that bad:) Slow your pace if you have to. You can make it thru:) Good luck!
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    Ive just completed my first week three workout it went well I was naughty, I pulled my calve muscle on the weekend didnt seem so bad until I started the run today. Very painful and the stupid thing about it is I kept going!!!!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I read this before w3d1 today. Thanks for the encouragement fom those who said "you can do this". I DID! Even uphill on my first three minute section, though I didn't plan that. I thought I was running in place for a while.
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    I read this before w3d1 today. Thanks for the encouragement fom those who said "you can do this". I DID! Even uphill on my first three minute section, though I didn't plan that. I thought I was running in place for a while.

Awesome! You did extra better going up hill. I cant even imagine doing that lol

Ive comepleted W3D2 I struggled a wee bit but I didnt stop however was happy to reach the end lol
  • KathleenKP
    Options

Awesome! You did extra better going up hill. I cant even imagine doing that lol

Ive comepleted W3D2 I struggled a wee bit but I didnt stop however was happy to reach the end lol

Great job!!! It's amazing how it looks so hard, but we can struggle through and do it anyway.

I love the feeling afterwards. My legs are so happy right now.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I completed W3D1 this morning, despite the snow. Just as I left my house the sun came out so I had to wear my sunglasses as the glare from the snow was blinding. I got myself all stressed about doing the 3 min run but in the end I didn't find it too bad. In some respect I found it easier 'cause I didn't have to keep stopping and starting. D2 here I come :smile:

I'm encouraged after reading other people's success stories. Well done everybody.
  • jacki1976
    jacki1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting week 3 on Monday. I am a little nervous about it but I know I have the ability to do it (as of last spring I was running 2 miles at a time. When the weather got humid I pooped out). It's just a matter of having the confidence to know you can, I think. My biggest problem is I look at my ipod several times while I'm running and it makes me feel like it's longer than it is. I need to break that habit. Good luck!
  • KathleenKP
    Options
    This is so mental!! I did Day 2 today.

The three minutes seems long. But after I was done with the second one, I wanted to run some more, so I paused the timer app when the next song came on and ran through the whole thing...maybe four minutes? (judging by my distance on the track). It didn't seem any longer or harder than the three minutes, because in my mind I already knew I was going to run until the song was over.

Then I did some intervals, trying to run faster, and changed to walking when I felt my speed slow down.

So I guess I did almost double the main running/walking set by the time I was done today.
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    Well done in everyones progress.

You will be surprised how you get through the three minutes, the breaks inbetween really help! Just go your own pace I find that helps me get through.