Options
IronSmasher
IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
.. of exercising outside?

Replies

• roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Not so much scared as thinking I'll look like a complete idiot. If I could jog or run like some others, then I would definitely do that. I admire some people's dedication to their training/exercise!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to try the British Military Fitness classes that run in the local park, but so far haven't plucked up the courage.

Saying that, I have started running outside...@ stupid'o'clock so no one can see me!!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Not at all, I regularly run outside. Then again I live in a rural area and can run in woodland and on moorland, though if I'm away for work I've been known to run in central London - there are a few too many people around really, they tend to get in the way a lot.
  • Insathius
    Insathius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Actually, yes sometimes - especially during the winter months where it's dark and cold. To get over the fear, sometimes I only exercise nearby where I live like running round the block.

...there is something about running 5k/10k into the dark wilderness that gets to me!
  • Jirinka2
    Options
    Yes I am. I always thought I look bad running anyway lol....And I live in the middle of the town too.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Actually, yes sometimes - especially during the winter months where it's dark and cold. To get over the fear, sometimes I only exercise nearby where I live like running round the block.

...there is something about running 5k/10k into the dark wilderness that gets to me!

Yeah, I do tend to only go out in daylight to run - I'm more scared of tripping and falling in the dark, or of being hit by a car. There are some areas where you've more to fear from the local yobs though!
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    No, but I don't like running in the rain or snow! Every time I start running in the UK, I am just barely getting into it when we have a rainy period. The gym is much easier for consistency!
  • EmmaR25
    EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Scares me as in I have no where well lit and I worry about something bad happening or hurting myself, but not scared as in who may see me or what they think - not many other people tend to be out at 6am anyway.