Week 2 Recap

Options
How has this week been? Successes? Struggles? How can we encourage you?

Replies

• Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Successes:
    I walked 2 miles every day (except Sunday).
    I even did some short jogging stints (30-60 seconds at a time)
    I had no more than 1 Pepsi per day (had to cut down slowly to curb the caffiene withdrawl)
    Drained my 32 ounce water bottle at least 3 times a day (= to 12+ glasses of water)
    Stayed under calories every day (without adding back in exercise calories)
    Followed up with my doctor, and he is happy with what I'm doing.

Struggles:
    My left foot is really hurting. In May I had my first cortizone shot (OUCH!). It is really bothering me, but I don't want another shot. (Again, OUCH!) I did make an appointment with the podiatrist for this week.
    Really want to kick the Pepsi habit soon!
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm starting super easy. I logged in everyday this week - certainly makes you aware of what goes in. My sister has been strapped to a fuel band now for a week. she loves the fact that you know what you are expending - in the exercise. For now I will concentrate on logging in food and walking a lot more than I did last year. So far so good.

TO be totally honest, I'm sort of afraid to even think about 100+ and so for now I'm just going to concentrate on 25.
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's been ok. I've only had one soda this week versus the several a day I was drinking. I haven't been eating as well this week because we've been trying to eat cheaply lol. Still staying in my calorie goal though. Speaking of, I bumped it from losing 2lbs a week to 1.5lbs a week so I can eat more calories. Hoping that helps. But I exercised 3 days this week. Last workout of the week, I pushed myself too hard and aggravated my foot injury so I've been resting it all weekend. The scale has finally gone down a whopping .2lbs and I'm down a couple more inches. Meh. It could've been worse. I started a challenge today with some local friends and my 'challenges' are to exercise 30min+ for 3days/week, no sodas 6days/week and veggies with 2 meals/day for 6 days/week. So, that should keep me going through this next week. :)
  • Terri_terri
    Terri_terri Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My success is losing 11.5 pounds when I weighed in Wed. I'm trying to look at this as a change of eating healthier then saying I'm on a diet. My downfalls have been cokes and chocolate. I have really been good w/o having any sweets and oddly enough, I'm not craving sweets. I did have a coke 4 or 5 days ago, but thats okay. I'm going to treat myself to a soda once a week. I actually couldn't believe how sweet it tasted, didn't drink the entire can but boy was it good..lol
    For me its started to get hard on trying to change up dinner. Its hard to find something different every night. I don't go over 25 fat grams a day so I need to find more food that I like without fat in it. I'm eating lots of apples, oranges, veggies. I have been drinking 64oz of water every day.
    Next thing I need to start is exercising. I have to start.....
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Successes: managed to stay under my calorie count (just at times!) since starting on mfp and starting to see a difference on the scale (well slightly anyway)

Struggles: lost motivation a bit a couple of days ago - really struggled with what I could eat verses what I wanted to eat and got a little down over it, but have gotten over it and am (hopefully!) back on track.

Bonus: my kids are starting to get on board and really support me - we've all started going for walks together and exercising on the equipment at the fitness park, which is great family bonding time. My youngest daughter has become my private PT and she is pushing me fairly hard - I've offered her $5 for every kilo I lose so she can earn some pocket money out of it, so there is incentive for her as well lol. :smile:
  • KatArceneaux
    Options
    Hi!
    Successes:
    -signed up for MFP ...AND logged in 5 days in a row!
    -stayed under my (1 lb/wk) calorie goal all 5 days
    -dusted off the treadmill and recumbant bike and got moving
    -organized my pantry and refrigerator so I could easily make better choices with what I had, until next big grocery shopping day
    -BIG ONE: started eating breakfast!!!

Struggles:
    -not drinking enough water ...yet
    -diet coke :(
    -gave in to McD's with the family (but smaller burger and NO fries)
    -resisting the urge to reach into my old, tired "diet" bag of tricks ...that never last :/
    -the WAIT til my next (Wed) weigh-in!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The good:

This week I was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical without stopping (longest I've ever done before).
    This week I realized that I am only drinking 1-2 Diet Cokes per day instead of 8-9.
    This week I worked out every day.
    This week I avoided fast food and eating out.

The bad:
    I'm having a little trouble getting enough calories. I think MFP has my calorie intake too high, but that's not the problem The problem is that I plan meals and snacks to add up to about 1500 calories, but I get busy and skip snacks. Next week I am going to focus on keeping my body fueled with small meals and snacks throughout the day.

All in all, though, it has been a fantastic week. I can't complain.
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    I had no more than 1 Pepsi per day (had to cut down slowly to curb the caffiene withdrawl)
    Drained my 32 ounce water bottle at least 3 times a day (= to 12+ glasses of water)

Drinking too much soda (Diet Coke for me) and not enough water has been a big issue for me. I have really cut down on the soda and am working on upping my water. Good for you for cutting down to one per day. It isn't easy. You should be proud!
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    I'm starting super easy. I logged in everyday this week - certainly makes you aware of what goes in. My sister has been strapped to a fuel band now for a week. she loves the fact that you know what you are expending - in the exercise. For now I will concentrate on logging in food and walking a lot more than I did last year. So far so good.

TO be totally honest, I'm sort of afraid to even think about 100+ and so for now I'm just going to concentrate on 25.

That's smart. Slow and steady does it. And breaking your big goal up into smaller goals helps. You got this!
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    It's been ok. I've only had one soda this week versus the several a day I was drinking. I haven't been eating as well this week because we've been trying to eat cheaply lol. Still staying in my calorie goal though. Speaking of, I bumped it from losing 2lbs a week to 1.5lbs a week so I can eat more calories. Hoping that helps. But I exercised 3 days this week. Last workout of the week, I pushed myself too hard and aggravated my foot injury so I've been resting it all weekend. The scale has finally gone down a whopping .2lbs and I'm down a couple more inches. Meh. It could've been worse. I started a challenge today with some local friends and my 'challenges' are to exercise 30min+ for 3days/week, no sodas 6days/week and veggies with 2 meals/day for 6 days/week. So, that should keep me going through this next week. :)

Congratulations on your pounds and inches loss. Good luck on your local challenge. It sounds tough, but you can do it!
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    My success is losing 11.5 pounds when I weighed in Wed. I'm trying to look at this as a change of eating healthier then saying I'm on a diet. My downfalls have been cokes and chocolate. I have really been good w/o having any sweets and oddly enough, I'm not craving sweets. I did have a coke 4 or 5 days ago, but thats okay. I'm going to treat myself to a soda once a week. I actually couldn't believe how sweet it tasted, didn't drink the entire can but boy was it good..lol
    For me its started to get hard on trying to change up dinner. Its hard to find something different every night. I don't go over 25 fat grams a day so I need to find more food that I like without fat in it. I'm eating lots of apples, oranges, veggies. I have been drinking 64oz of water every day.
    Next thing I need to start is exercising. I have to start.....

Wow!!! 11.5 lbs is great. Congratulations!

I've been getting recipes from skinnytaste.com. Everything on the site is amazing (my kids even eat it all) and it's so much fun to try new things.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Time has bee a huge struggle. We have two teenage sons. In the last ten days, I have worked 8. We had basketball games five nights. We had faith formation one night. We had an Eagle Court of Honor. I made my workout calorie goal, but just barely. My trips to the Y have been limited. The successful part is I still made my calorie goals, but daily intake and overall burned for the week. It was just a tough week.
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    Struggles: lost motivation a bit a couple of days ago - really struggled with what I could eat verses what I wanted to eat and got a little down over it, but have gotten over it and am (hopefully!) back on track.

Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated. But you haven't given up. I think that is a victory in itself!
  • aleciamio
    aleciamio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good: I have logged every day this week, even when I ate 4 choc. chip cookies, oh, and I refused to feel guilty about them and send myself into a shame/binge/regret spiral. So, Yay for me!

Bad: see cookies above :)

Ugly: I went through the hardest training sessions this week with my PT. They were gross! They were painful (in a good way) and awful, I really pushed my limits physically and it felt great!!! But it wasn't pretty.
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    Struggles:
    -not drinking enough water ...yet
    -diet coke :(

Diet coke is a big one for me. But after two weeks, I'm down to about one a day (sometimes two). I find that it tastes all chemicaly and weird now. I still have one in the morning, though. Gotta have that Diet Coke buzz. And it doesn't matter what it tastes like in the morning because my mouth tastes like a monkey's behind when I first get up anyway :)
  • tinatatertoes
    Options
    Time has bee a huge struggle. We have two teenage sons. In the last ten days, I have worked 8. We had basketball games five nights. We had faith formation one night. We had an Eagle Court of Honor. I made my workout calorie goal, but just barely. My trips to the Y have been limited. The successful part is I still made my calorie goals, but daily intake and overall burned for the week. It was just a tough week.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it slows down a bit for you. I know how it is to be super busy and I'm lucky that right now I am able to slow down and focus on me for a bit. Sending good thoughts for a relaxing week for you next week.
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Wow!!! 11.5 lbs is great. Congratulations!

I've been getting recipes from skinnytaste.com. Everything on the site is amazing (my kids even eat it all) and it's so much fun to try new things.
    [/quote]

I love that website!! I found another, slenderkitchen.com, that's also good. Excited to try some new recipes from both this week! I think having their recipes have been my biggest help thus far. (Aside from the UPC scanner on MFP to track food!)
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How has this week been? Successes? Struggles? How can we encourage you?

Good week once I decided to ignore that annoying, "You know there are Doritos just down the hill!" voice like a teenager ignores authority. It helped - a LOT. Then I suddenly found myself chuckling at how good it felt when I gassed up at the c-store and just paid at the pump - no going in for pizza or chips or Reeses pieces.

My struggles were earlier in the week with the food trance - that still freaks me out a little. It was scary to kind of "come to" in the kitchen with food in my hand. Early in the week I missed soda and the crunchy chips...so bad. The headaches and jitters were hard, but now, on day 10 with no soda, I really am glad I stopped. Had a close moment last night when I REALLY wanted a sip of diet Pepsi. But I made myself and ice water and chugged it. Felt immediately better - physically and emotionally. I'm not a water drinker at all, so logging in 5-1/2 cups of water for yesterday was an all-time high. I'm getting there.

My successes were having hubby there doing this with me (also on MFP). We coordinate our meals and exercises together. Even our youngest has been monitoring our progress! The accountability is key for both hubby and I.

This site rocks!
  • DreyLove
    Options
    Successes:
    - Logging in to MFP and tracking food
    - got someone else in my office to join MFP

Struggles:
    - Dr Pepper
    - Exercise and trying to work it into the schedule

I will find a way to get over the struggles.....
  • BridgetAnn58
    Options
    Today is my first weigh in and I am worried!

Typically I will weigh-in and if the scale does not reflect what I feel I put into the week I fall off the healthy wagon. Slightly nervous. Does any one have any good mental tricks regarding the scale? It's just a number right? I know I should feel good about my last week, I exercised 5 times for at least 30 mins, ate within my calorie goals, and have been logging everyday, but still very nervous.