Roasted Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts - HELP!!

Options
asaralee3
asaralee3 Posts: 39 Member
I've never tried to roast them before....any tips. Oven temp, time, etc!

Thank you :)

Andrea

Replies

• aryastark8
    aryastark8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A very good roasted brussels sprouts recipe from allrecipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted-Brussels-Sprouts/Detail.aspx
    I'm not a big fan of brussels sprouts, but really like them in this recipe.

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
    -Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
    -Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
  • asaralee3
    Options
    Thank you so much! This sounds amazing!
  • LeesaHart47
    LeesaHart47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do most of my veggies in the oven. I use either fresh or frozen veggies also.
    Put veggies on a cooking stone or a baking sheet and I Use the Canola Spray
    Spray veggies until coated than I add a little Olive Oil and toss to coat.
    Season with your fav. seasoning
    I set my oven to 400 on bake
    Roast/Cook until veggies are tender does not take long, about 10 to 15 min
    I do stir veggies during cooking time. Some may take a little longer to cook, depends
    which ones you are cooking

I do this with
    green beans
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    Brussel sprouts
    Also a Cubed up Sweet Potato or a Regular potato cooked this way is awesome. Add a little Curry Powder with a dasy of Cayenne pepper to the Sweet Potato, to die for...........
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    i'll add that this works with asparagus too, which is a very early spring crop. Also, yellow curry powder does incredible things to cauliflower.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That basic recipe works with a lot of vegetables... We've used it with squash, various root vegetables, potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli... you name it. Some cook for a bit less time, some a bit more, but there's not a huge variation.

ETA: Just noticed LeesaHart47 said the same thing. :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I love roasted Cauliflower. I usually cut mine up into 1 inch pieces and then toss onto a sheet pan and drizzle olive oil over top of them (I use the olive oil spray now to help cut back on using so much oil) and then lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss them into a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes, tossing half way through the cooking time.

While those are cooking, take 1 tablespoon of butter (I use butter alternative now and still tastes the same) melt it and then toss with 2 tablespoons of Panko bread crumbs (or Parm cheese). Then the Caulifower is done roasting, take it out and turn on the broiler. Put the cauliflower into a over safe bowl. Sprinkle the Panko topping over top and put back into the oven for about 2 or 3 minutes to let the broiler brown the crumbs. Have to keep a close eye on it because they can burn easy. Then serve. It is so yummy.
  • ljb415able
    Options
    i never made them but heard they are wonderful!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower I roast simple then put Parmesan cheese on them when come out oven and Brussel Sprouts EVOO and salt and pepper and bacon is great!
  • asaralee3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas! Can't wait to try some of them.