Anybody having side effects to Nicorette lozenge??

Options
So I've only been using the lozenge since Monday and everytime I do it feels like my throat is tightening up and I can't breathe! I also feel super sick to my stomach, like I'm going to throw up. Has anybody else had these side effects? My fiance said that it's "normal" and that he had a burning sensation at the back of his throat when he first started using them, but it makes me NOT want to use them if I feel like I can't breathe and like I'm gonna vomit!

Replies

• doug_pierce
    Options
    They always give me the hiccups, which is probably a less severe version of the same reaction.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Maybe too much nicotine in them from what your used to? Have you tried the E-cigs? I think they are good if you are still having a little nicotine (or you can get nicotine free ones)
  • alexdiachok
    Options
    I tried the nicorette gum, but you have to chew it a few times, then stick it in between your gums, then chew it again... Electronic cigarettes worked for me. More variety, too- coffee flavor, soda, chocolate... and cigarette flavor.
  • hnvigil72487
    hnvigil72487 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have tried the e-cig and didn't like it. It just seemed odd to me. I thought the same thing about too many mg in the lozenges, but there's 8mg of nicotine in a Camel Light (which is what I smoked) and only 4 in the lozenge. I'm thinking of trying the gum. Thanks everyone =)
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Try using the 2 mg, plus REGULAR gum after or before. I do that. Gum chewing really helps.

Wondering if you might be allergic? Though really we all are, it's a toxin :/
  • hnvigil72487
    hnvigil72487 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Now that I've been using the lozenge for a week, I've noticed that I'm getting used to it. No longer having the tightness in my throat, still getting a slight upset stomach but now I can actually FINISH a lozenge! It's been almost 24 hours since my last cigarette and I'm feeling great!