Restarting tonight!

Options
nehtaeh
nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
I finally got me a treadmill! I hope to move outside when it's warmer and lighter longer but for now outside isn't an option so treadmill it is.

I did a few weeks in the summer and loved it but then stopped, for no reason that I can remember. Having the treadmill in my house should give me no excuses.

I am having ear surgery the end of next week but the doc assures me I won't be down long so all should be well. At least I won't be far into the program and will be able to pick up where I left off hopefully.

Anyone else starting now, recently, or soon?

Replies

• micasaotsukasa
    Options
    I'm restarting tonight as well! There's a 5K in that I'd like to do in March!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I'm doing on in May for sure - I've already signed up for that one. I'd like to do one before then though. I haven't even looked beyond the beginning of February to see how far this program takes me.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I did W1D1 last night and it felt great. I could jump up a week or so but I think I'll stick this out. I'll do the first two weeks before my surgery and hopefully the week off after that won't be too awful.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congrats on re-starting! I've *attempted* the program about 4 times now but this time is sticking! I'm on Week 9 as of today!

You can do this!!!!
  • roadrunner8383
    roadrunner8383 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am restarting tomorrow! I did the program in 2011 and ran a 5k....very slowly! :) I stopped working out last year unfortunately. I'm feeling motivated this New Year though, and am ready to get going again! I signed up today for a 5k on April 14th. So I've got to get moving!

Congrats geauxgirl on making it to week 9! :smile:
  • alterar
    alterar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just restarted tonight! I completed the program last year and ran a 5k in October. Since then I've been at the gym but have fallen off the running wagon. I wanted to restart and really focus on my stride, hopefully lengthening it from a shuffle run to a striding run. I've signed up for a Warrior Dash in September.

I'm new to MFP, this is my first post actually, and am glad to find so much encouragement here.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K last April and completed 7 5ks and a 4 miler in 2012....but really fell off on the running in general...so I restarted W1D1 tonight as well :)
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 complete!

Nice pic in your ticker courneymal17. :drinker: Go Wings!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 complete!

Nice pic in your ticker courneymal17. :drinker: Go Wings!!

haha thanks! I got sick and couldnt do day 2 today....oh well tomorrow it will be!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting soon as its warm enough! Maybe tomorrow? Could some more pals!
  • crisipina
    crisipina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started tonight too! nervous as hell to be doing this but here goes nothing I suppose....my question is..how do I log it in for my excercise??
  • coldspringheadmomma
    Options
    I just did week 1 day 1 yesterday and loved it. It was super cold out -8deg C, but I felt like the King of the World! I was slow moving though due to shin splints. But, I know from experience they'll go away once my shins realize I mean business! It also can't help that I'm pounding my knees/ankles/shins with 220lbs of body weight! Anyone wanting an accountability friend can add me!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just did week 1 day 1 yesterday and loved it. It was super cold out -8deg C, but I felt like the King of the World! I was slow moving though due to shin splints. But, I know from experience they'll go away once my shins realize I mean business! It also can't help that I'm pounding my knees/ankles/shins with 220lbs of body weight! Anyone wanting an accountability friend can add me!

I'll add you! We seem to be around the same weight!

Best of luck to everyone who is just starting! You can do this!!!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I will continue...I mean I got the treadmill and everything!! But, I had ear surgery on Thursday. I was hoping for only a week off but it's looking like closer to 3 weeks. Whenever I get the green light I will be starting back up with week 2!

Keep up the good work everyone! I'll join you as soon as I can.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Crispina -
    I started tonight too! nervous as hell to be doing this but here goes nothing I suppose....my question is..how do I log it in for my excercise??
    I just put in however many minutes of walking at 4.0. I mean, I'm jogging around the same speed but in terms of calories burned, walking, jogging and running are equal as long as you go the same distance. The difference is that (some day in the future) you'll be running the distance faster than you could walk it.