baby weight won't BUDGE!

I gave birth to an 8lb 1oz little girl August 14 2012. Soo, its almost been 5 months and I'm still ... Fat. I never weighed myself after I was 6 months pregnant because I had already gained 20lbs. Anyway, I was always great with losing weight, I went from 193 to 134lbs in way less than a year. I could lose 5lbs a week before. But now I can't lose anything! I'm 158lb and over weight for my height and I can't seem to lose it. I get SO HOT when I work out since I was pregnant. My body feels like its on fire. Does anyone else have this problem or found workouts that have really helped them lose the belly, hips.. Thighs & *kitten*? Lol PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    I have found that long walks (at least an hour) and zumba have really helped me in the past. With my last pregnancy this helped me lose 25 lbs and as soon as I get cleared to workout again this is what I am going to start with. Also, a lot of people have had great success with strength training. In addition,I would make sure to carefully log everything you eat...I mean EVERYTHING. But, the best thing that has helped me is to keep my sodium intake as low as possible and to drink 16 cups of water a day. I really hope this helps!
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    In addition,I would make sure to carefully log everything you eat...I mean EVERYTHING. But, the best thing that has helped me is to keep my sodium intake as low as possible and to drink 16 cups of water a day. I really hope this helps!

^^^ The above really helped me lose the last 7 pounds I had with my first pregnancy. I struggled like you even with working out for about an hour 4x a week when some strength training and aerobics. 4 months in - I started to log my food and it made a big different and a lost those 7 pounds in 9 weeks. It helped me pay attention more to what I was putting in my system - gave me pause before I ate certain things. I also drank lots more water, too.

Good luck - you can do it!
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    I had my 2nd last december but he was a csection so losing this time around has been hard. I have about 15 maybe more lbs to lose still. I lost alot doing insanity. 18 lbs in 60 days. So that was a good jump start. Other than that logging my food intake and making sure i stay around 1200 calories for me has helped.

Feel free to add me.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    How much did you weigh when giving birth? Have you really not lost anything or just not as much as you would have liked? There is a difference. :) Recognizing where you came from is as important as knowing where you are at now and where you are going. I might be able to give better advice if I knew the answer to that question.
  • OMG I didn't expect anyone to reply to my post! Thank you ladies for all the responses. I've always been really weird about my weight so stepping on the scale after birth was a no no! Plus, I didn't even think about it at the time. I'm currently 7lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant so I guess I AM losing it and posting EVERYTHING I eat really helps because I feel guilty if I go over my calorie intake. Most days I eat a lot less than I should.. I've been drinking 6-8 pints a day I guess I'm going to try to get more water in. Thanks again :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I gave birth to an 8lb 1oz little girl August 14 2012. Soo, its almost been 5 months and I'm still ... Fat. I never weighed myself after I was 6 months pregnant because I had already gained 20lbs. Anyway, I was always great with losing weight, I went from 193 to 134lbs in way less than a year. I could lose 5lbs a week before. But now I can't lose anything! I'm 158lb and over weight for my height and I can't seem to lose it. I get SO HOT when I work out since I was pregnant. My body feels like its on fire. Does anyone else have this problem or found workouts that have really helped them lose the belly, hips.. Thighs & *kitten*? Lol PLEASE HELP!

I had my daughter (my 2nd child) in May 2011 and was back at the gym at the beginning of the July. I was going 5 times a week and exercising my ar*e off, and being careful with food, but the lbss were really slow to come down. I had (well, still do) a personal trainer and they took my measurements once a month and they came down a lot faster than my actual weight. I started off at about 218lbs then and I am now 164lbs and aiming for 150. That has taken me 18 months, but im now smaller than before I got pregnant with my 1st child.

I think it takes a while after having a baby for your body to get back to normal, and you still have all those pregnancy hormones in your body, which would explain why you feel so hot.

I found that actually upping my calories a bit helped me lose weight faster, so don't eat too much below your recommended calories.
  • ktrnka
    ktrnka Posts: 1
    Will the Zumba for XBox Kinect be almost the same as the Zumba at the gym, in regards to calorie burning I wonder? I can bust loose in my tv room, that's no problem.... I just can't get to the gym, since I am generally the sole parent at home during the day since my husband works. We also both go to college. The hour walks seem easy enough to get in, while my husband's home on a day off or before work. Do you have a set time every day in which you walk and what's your motivation?! I just can't seem to get motivated enough to walk around town. I've never been a walker or runner.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Will the Zumba for XBox Kinect be almost the same as the Zumba at the gym, in regards to calorie burning I wonder? I can bust loose in my tv room, that's no problem.... I just can't get to the gym, since I am generally the sole parent at home during the day since my husband works. We also both go to college. The hour walks seem easy enough to get in, while my husband's home on a day off or before work. Do you have a set time every day in which you walk and what's your motivation?! I just can't seem to get motivated enough to walk around town. I've never been a walker or runner.

I do both, Zumba at the studio and Zumba at home, and it seems that I don't burn as much at home. Granted, I am usually trying to Zumba around the baby in her walker, but I think I move around more at the studio. It is still a great burn, just not as much, but it really all depends on how much you put into it.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    OMG I didn't expect anyone to reply to my post! Thank you ladies for all the responses. I've always been really weird about my weight so stepping on the scale after birth was a no no! Plus, I didn't even think about it at the time. I'm currently 7lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant so I guess I AM losing it and posting EVERYTHING I eat really helps because I feel guilty if I go over my calorie intake. Most days I eat a lot less than I should.. I've been drinking 6-8 pints a day I guess I'm going to try to get more water in. Thanks again :)

Logging has helped me, but my weight hasn't moved for 7 months! I keep trying and try not to get discouraged. Best of luck!
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Eating more food might help you lose weight. If you are hungry, eat. Your body is struggling to heal from the stress of delivering your baby. If you don't fuel it properly, you will not get your desired result. Cut carbs and increase protein. 40/30/30 C/F/P is what I'm doing. I lost all my baby weight and then some since Feb. I did not work-out regularly for most of the loss except for the care of my baby including breastfeeding. I only just started to add a weightlifting routine.

Add me if you are interested in the details.
  • baileyt1
    baileyt1 Posts: 49 Member
    If you'd like I might be able to help you...what food are you eating? Are you eating small meals? Are you eating to acidic foods? How about exercise?

If you'd like add me and we can talk about things to see if I can help!
  • baileyt1
    baileyt1 Posts: 49 Member
    I see you had a c-section and you've been doing insanity....I lost the weight from my 2nd c-section that way too. Just had my 3rd 10 weeks ago trying to get that off now. How did you like insanity?
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    I'm probably jumping the gun and being impatient, but I had my little girl 2 months ago, I lost a bunch at the beginning (lots of water weight) and now I have been stuck for almost a month now. I log everything and have been doing Turbo Fire everyday and I haven't lost even an ounce. Darn baby weight.
  • desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    I don't know if I have much help for you but I am in the same boat. I am breastfeeding and have not lost one pound since my child's birthday - same happened with #1 so I started preg #2 20 lbs over weight. I don't eat as well as I should and don't exercise enough but some women seem to drop the weight without trying and it certainly can be a little depressing.

I finally started exercising in earnest last week (baby is 3.5 months) in the hopes it will help.

Sorry I couldn't be of more use, but just wanted you to know you are not alone.
  • walkeliz
    walkeliz Posts: 1 Member
    You should also get your thyroid checked just in case! (and if your TSH is above 3.0, you should most likely be on meds). I found out I had hypothyroidism during my 2nd pregnancy and have had a really hard time losing baby weight after Baby #2 and #3. I finally have it in control and am exercising more and it's (thank god) starting to come off!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    I'm almost 3 months PP, and have been in the same boat. HOWEVER, after doing a ton of research, I realized that I may not be eating enough. Cause I'm exclusively breastfeeding, and workout at least 3 times a week and had seen like NO change in months. So, last week I changed my settings to only lose 1/2 lb per week which obviously increased my calories. I literally have felt like I'm stuffing my face, and have lost 2 lbs since last Wednesday!! SO, all that to say- maybe you need to increase your calories?? Sometimes our bodies can go into starvation mode, and with feeding another human- we need all the calories we can get. Hope this helps!
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    I loved insanity it really helped alot. doing Les mills combat now for a change but will go back to insanity after this.
  • MinnesotaMommy1
    MinnesotaMommy1 Posts: 5 Member
    It might be hard to get out of the house BUT taking some classes helped me a lot. I really was stuck at 3 months post-partum with having lost the first 15 after birth (of the 35 I gained) but not losing the last 20 even with breastfeeding.

I go to an bootcamp type class twice a week now for 4 weeks, and I have already lost 5 pounds. I find I work so much harder than when I am at home. I know DVDs work for alot of people but I can't push myself the way I do in class... maybe its just my competitive nature? Also when at home working out it seems like I always get interupted or the baby wakes up or I quit because I'm so behind on housework, cooking, and laundry!!! I go after I work (I work from 7:30-4:00), and I don't think about anything at home during that time!