New to Shred

Options
Hello Everyone! My name is Michele and I just started Shredding on Monday. I have to admit that because I am going on a cruise in 4 weeks and know that I cannot complete the 6 wks before then, I decided to start with week 2. Last week I was already doing my own dieting and then got the book on Sunday. I am doing well adjusting this week. I actually can't fit in all of the food some of the time like the fruit I should have with the shake or adding fruit to the breakfast. I just feel full. I like the choices we have. I have been on way worse diets where I hardly had a choice at all. It's kind of fun to pick out what I want to eat from the nice selection. It seems like a no brainer once you get the hang of it. He takes out the guess work, really. I am happy that this group was created. I need the support to keep going. I am really good at starting things, but never see them through. Lets do it together!!!
Keep Shredding,
Michele

Replies

• FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I purchased the book yesterday, Thursday. I plan to start on Monday, January 14. Once I read the book this weekend, I am sure I will have lots of questions!!!
  • ddgez
    ddgez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I haven't purchased the book as of yet but am planning to and want to begin on Monday. Glad to see this group here and hope this is the diet that sticks!
  • cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up W1D5 and I'm really liking this plan so far! I haven't had any cravings for junk food and haven't felt overly hungry! I think the water and fresh fruit & veggies really help with that. I like how SHRED doesn't start off with a cleanse or insane restrictions, I tend to cheat and ultimately give up on that kind of plan. I've promised myself not to check the scale or my measurements at all until Week 2. I just want to focus on how I feel instead of worrying about those numbers.

It's kind of fun to plan my day out and make sure I've got all my meals and snacks accounted for before I go to bed. No more figuring out what to eat and ultimately grabbing something not so healthy. One less thing to worry about throughout the day!

Good luck, everyone!! :smile:
    Cristie
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    I got through week two. Even though if you read my post below you will see that week 2 was really my week 1. It was challenging but I got through it. I only lost 1.5 but my pants felt looser. I know I need to be patient but we all know that is hard. I expected more because I thought the first week on a diet is always the most weight loss but I don't know why that never applies to me no matter what plan I am on. For me I always wake up one day and look different. It is never a little at a time. But the little at a time is what keeps a person going. Last night me and the family went to the diner for dinner. They all had burgers/fries and shakes and I had my chicken with veggies and some rice. I have never ordered that in a diner before. I felt pride but deep inside I wanted to cry from having to be in that situation. It is just way to hard to be on Shred while out so I don't recommend it for dinner places. I started week 3 today and it is one of the strictest weeks so I will keep you posted. I have to cook for my hubby and two kids while just having a shake or soup. I believe in myself! I can do this!!!
  • cristieg
    Options
    That's awesome that you fought the temptation at the diner. It's so hard when everyone else around you is eating all the delicious fatty food. Kudos to you!!! Good luck this week!
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    It is hard to cook one meal for your family and you have to eat something else. I've been doing it for years. Though most of the time I cook healthy things and just take smaller portions. I'm finding week two a bit difficult, so I can just imagine how rough week three is going to be. It will probably be similar to a 7 day juice fast I did once. By day 3 of that one I was dying for a crunchy salad. Just remember that this is not for the rest of your like, just a few weeks.
  • Mandy_SD
    Mandy_SD Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day 4 of week 1. I'm feeling awful run down and have no energy. I'm not sure if that's because of the lack of sugar and caffeine which was how I got through the day before this diet. I'm also batteling a cold so I'm sure that doesn't help. Anyone else feeling this way?
  • jkcathey
    jkcathey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have actually felt pretty good, even though cutting back to only one cup of coffee was hard. I'll bet it is just the cold making you feel punk.
  • cristieg
    Options
    Amaytennant, it probably is all of those things combined. I cut out caffeine cold turkey on day 1(one of my resolutions) and about day 4 I started feeling run down and getting withdrawl headaches. If your body is used to having sugar and caffeine on a regular basis, you will feel pretty crappy while it's readjusting. Plus, nobody feels great with a cold!! Just try to stick with it and drink lots of water! Maybe add in some vitamin C for good measure. I hope you feel better soon!