What are your favorite fruits/veggies to juice?

Options
KetsyBaby
KetsyBaby Posts: 40 Member
I am having a love affair with red beets and lemons right now. I want to add them to every juice I make, but I hold back on the beets some times because they are so sweet. Even though it is good sugar. I love the color the beets or even red cabbage give the juice, you just know how healthy it is! :D

:heart: Please Add ME To Your Friends Support Team, I am looking for like minded individuals who are at the beginning, middle, or near goal in their journey to help me stay motivated and positive. I love a great sense of humor! I have a long road ahead of me, and need a good network of friends. :heart:

Ketsy
40, Female
GTA, Ontario, CANADA

9159792.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Most people I know who are juicing hate beetroot! lol

My most favourite juice atm is 1/2 Pineapple, 1/2 large Cucumber & 1/2 - 1 Lemon. I call it Sour Pineumber Juice.

I also love juicing Nectarines, Peaches and Strawberries. Yum!

I add lemon & ginger to almost all my juices.
  • Pineappletree29
    Options
    Carrots, apples wheat brass and ginger. Sometimes I will add kale and spinach to that mix and I just call it swamp water. It is absolutely delicious!
  • KetsyBaby
    KetsyBaby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never thought about pineapple, it is my favorite fruit by far. I think it depends on where you live and what's in season. It is winter here in Canada, and so root veggies and greenhouse grown items are the most available in the organic sections. I want to be as much a locavore as possible... buying things that come from as nearby as possible, which includes the States and sometimes Mexico. If I can't get it on this continent, I will have to give it a go for now, or treat those tropical items as treats on occasion.

My mother suggested making a green juice, then adding in to a blender with a banana, since bananas and juicers are not compatible. I may try it.
  • SouthGippyGirl
    Options
    I'm planning on trying to grow my own wheatgrass again. I tried to in winter but it just didn't work for me. When we get paid again, i'll buy some more seeds and try again, now that it's summer here.
  • SouthGippyGirl
    Options
    Jason Vale (The Juice Master) uses Avocado in his juices. He blends it in after juicing the other stuff.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I love to get exotic with my juices--I don't really like Kale anymore, since I read it's not good for me (even though it's fabulous for others)...but instead I use/juice collard greens, spinach, and my all time favorite--dandelion greens. I add beets (although not everyday of the week--because I read it's not good for me to have it everyday) two lemons, a big giant piece of ginger, 2 granny smith apples, raw mint leaves, raw basil, my new love...sweet potato, lots of garlic, cucumber, sometimes celery, japeno or some other REALLY HOT pepper, red, yellow, orange peppers, carrots, bok choy, burdock root (not everyday), tomato, daikon root, rainbow chard, red chard and other stuff I can't think of just now. I don't want to just stick with the regular mean green stuff, I like to kick it up a serious notch:laugh: --I don't use ALL of these things at once, but at least 80% of them at one time.

Also, I only juice organic veggies.

I don't juice other fruits besides lemons or limes or granny smith apples--because I like to eat those. I don't feel "led" on ONLY juice, so I substitute one or two meals/snacks and eat the rest of my foods. In the past I've seen miraculous results from doing this!