Hello

Options
Hello, I'm new to all of the groups and having support. I am 267 lbs and have realized I can't do this alone and actually I don't have to, so here I am! I am not to familier with all of the features of the website so any tips are helpful. Most important thing is I need and want support from others who know what I'm going through and even make some friends. I look forward to talking to you!

Replies

• DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new to MFP but I am new to this group.

I have such a problem with food and eating. This is my third time at trying MFP for weight loss and today marked my first week. I ate 100% clean and worked out 6 times and lost 5.2 lbs! I feel so proud.

At the same time I am so aboslutely effin TERRIFIED that at any moment I'm going to crumble. I have always stopped and gotten treats from the store on my way home and I am just hoping and praying that I can resist. I've made it 7 full days. All I want is to get it right this time.
  • hollyjjohnson
    hollyjjohnson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello DajohnOv -- I'm realtively new to this site as well. I started shortly after the first of the year...I don't know all of the tools yet, but I DO know that I've enjoyed the friends and support I'm getting. So -- feel free to "friend" me and I'll definitely be there to support you on your journey.

I am such an emotional eater -- I don't know if I really KNOW what it feels like to be "hungry." I've seen a thing called a "hunger scale" and think I need to put that up somewhere...especially at work!

Let me know if you find any cool features about the site to share -- as a newbie, I'd love to see them as well!
  • dajohn0v
    Options
    You ate 100% clean for seven days!!??!!! Congratulations! I have such a hard time with the stopping too get treats! It is hard to break. You are on your way though! Good job!
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I just opened my diary to public...I think it was private before. I'm still eating a few processed things (yogurt, peanut butter, whey protein) but all my eating has been clean and approved by my trainer/nutritionist.

It's been SO hard, especially because this being my first week was also the week of my period. I feel a boost of confidence knowing I got through that, and a weekend successfully. I know you can do it too!!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too bad if you stumble every now and again, we all do. What kind of treats do you typically stop to buy? Have you been using the journal to see how many calories you've been consuming? And I would suggest not going too low on your calorie intake, that can kill your motivation.

I am a binge eater, so I've found the best for me is to keep a few of my favorite fruits/oats/oat cereals/sweet potatoes/ezekiel bread around so that if I binge, I don't feel so bad because it isn't that calorie dense and I get stuffed so much easier. I've lost over 100lbs and it took me a while to find what works for me, so it is a lot of hit and miss and educating yourself :)