Weekly chat - Jan 14 - 20

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)
James (Wolfjj79)
Ijs_leggo

Replies

• wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How's everone doin? Not much to report here. I thought I was doing well, got down to 235.4 yesterday morning. I took yesterday to rest from exercising and this morning the scale showed 238. I didn't think I ate over my limit but since I didn't track yesterday I don't know for sure.

I really hate yo-yo-ing like this. Ah, well, just gotta work it off....again.
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, James, it really could be a number of things: not tracking and eating over calories, something you ate, more sodium than usual, etc... I wouldn't say that you gained three pounds overnight so don't let it get to you. In my case, being a female means that my weight changes from day to day, and through out the month. If I got on the scale everyday I would drive myself crazy! :explode:
  • PJYoung2012mk2
    Options
    It's all to easy to get "crazy" when it comes to weight. I certainly did and had to step away from it. Loosing weight is highly addictive. The scale goes down and you feel great. The scales go up and you feel terrible and either you reduce your calorific intake or you massively increase it because you comfort eat. Stick with the road you're on and it will come off in time. Well that's my experience anyway.
    My struggle with eating clean continues. Work is hellish at the moment which leaves me tired and stressed and with no desire to hit the gym. Yesterday was a better day though and I came in under calories. Just need to string a few days together and get back in the zone. The psychological barrier of going back to the gym 10 kg heavier hangs over me. But I have a challenge to train for and just going to work every day is not going to cut it.
    Hope everyone is having a good start to the week :-).
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm having so much trouble keeping my self-discipline on track :blushing: At least we are walking each evening after dinner, kids included, and I already feel better in the mornings. I need to up my cardio a bit though!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I"m another who wishes the scale were friendlier.

I have a lot of outside stresses in my life that are making this more difficult at the moment, but I'm trying to keep plodding through.

I couldn't exercise yesterday or today, so I need to hit the gym W-F if I want any chance of passing the challenge. Thank goodness for the challenge!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the outside stresses not helping ... btw, Hi! Sorry I've been MIA since like the summer.

Last semester I taught a new class (cell biology) that was a killer...teaching it AGAIN this semester along with another I've never taught (anatomy & physiology). I think I must hate myself or something :laugh:

So...I didn't get to lift today as planned due to heavy coursework, but I'm trying so hard to be consistent. My super-sore arms, glutes, and hamstrings will testify that I've been pretty good so far this week. For motivation, I have my new VS bikini on a hanger in clear view while I'm at my desk. Must...make progress...before spring break trip to Mexico!

Maybe I should look into this weekly challenge thing for some extra accountability :huh:
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've come to realise that i have coffee days and I have tea days. Coffee days are the unhealthy ones, where I'd have numerous cups of coffee and end up having chocolate and calorie laden carbs. Tea days I drink more water, prefer fruit, and generally eat healthier. My trick for now is if I can have that single cup of coffee in the morning and then switch to tea or water, I stay within my calorie goal.

Anyone else found a trigger like that, food/drink wise?