30 Day Countdown...

Options
trustymutsi
trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
My first day, I had to lay on the floor face down, barely able to keep my arms up long enough to type. First time I've ever felt nauseous after a workout, and I've done 30 Day Shred before (I stopped before to try and focus on just strength training, but that didn't work out, so I'm back).

I'm now on day 4, and things have gotten easier. I only had to stop once for about 5 seconds. My first workout I had to take about 3-4 breaks.

I'm going to do these every other day. I heard on the forums that, in an interview, Jillian Michaels said people should do this every other day to give their bodies a break, and the "30 Day Shred" name came from marketing.

Replies

• linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    haha, yep first day i was so miserable thought i was going to be sick and then die. i just layed on the floor like u said lol today wasn't near as bad as that!
  • tolleirrigon
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I felt the same way and also laid on the floor. Didn't even have the energy to open my eyes!
  • linsey76A
    Options
    hoping today is better, i am not looking forward to tomorrow, when i have to do it before work...hopefully by tomorrow i will not feel it quite as much as today lol but i will do it!
  • trustymutsi
    Options
    Just finished day 5. I must be getting stronger, because my heart rate was 139 instead of 141 (from the last workout).

I didn't have to take ANY breaks! I AM doing the easier modified version, but at least it's SOMETHING :)
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Great job you guys! Im doing day 5 level 1 today! Today would of been day 6 but i had a horrible headache...there was definitely no jumping around for me! Today im good! Keep it up guys your all doing so great! It does get easier even tho u still feel like your going to dielol...just less :blushing:
  • trustymutsi
    Options
    Day 6's workout started off difficult, but it got much easier towards the end. My heart rate was the lowest yet since I started this. 133 average.
  • trustymutsi
    Options
    Day 7 felt harder than last time, and it showed on my heart rate monitor. My bpm were up to 154. I burned 322 calories.

The best news? This morning I weighed myself, and I lost 4 pounds this week!!! Counting calories and doing 30DS is finally paying off!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting this tonight and am a bit apprehensive that I wont be able to finish it. I am following a lot of the threads to see peoples progress and it seems "doable"
  • linsey76A
    Options
    Have u ever tried it before? This was my first time too, and it was a rough beginning, but it gets easier. You will do great, some people are taking rest days...if u need to, do the same to let your body recover :D
  • trustymutsi
    Options
    Day 8 started out pretty hard of the first 2/3, but it got better towards the end. I'm starting to struggle with the idea of doing this long term. Maybe I'm just having a bad day :(
  • trustymutsi
    Options
    Day 9 went well, but I might have to call it quits for awhile. I'm having some pretty serious pains in the center of my chest, and need to see what's wrong :(
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    For whatever reason i havent gotten to do this the past few days...amd im hating myself for it! Level two is much much harder then level one...mostly because of the arms, my legs are much stronger then my arms thats forsure! So today will be my day three of level two woohoo! I cant wait to see level three and am also scared lol as ive never done it! Ur all doing so great!:drinker: