Team Dolvett- Week 2 Challenge

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Team I am happy that most of us participated in last weeks challenge. For some newbies I know it was a big challenge, but baby steps are how we begin. For this week I figured we will have both exercise and food challenge.

For our exercise challenge I would like everyone to post how many minutes a day they are exercising and what type of physical activity you are doing. (no need for the calories burned).

For our food challenge, I know that we have a few members in here that have lost some significant amount of weight and are still losing, and others that are getting started but are focused with what to eat. Let's share our eating tips. Our do's and dont's, that we follow and helps with hunger. If you like share what's for breakfast/lunch/dinner :happy: That would be awesome too!

Sometime tommorow, I will post how many calories we lost as a group for week 1 challenge!

You guys don't know how much you motivate me, THANK YOU! So let's start this new challenge today and good luck everyone!!!!

Have a great week TEAM DOLVETT!!!!

Replies

• jomom2
    Options
    Tuesday:60 mins. of walking
  • mtnchick3355
    Options
    Tuesday - 25 min on treadmill
    5 minutes on bike
    and 20 minutes of weight bearing exercises (curls, push up, etc)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: 45 minutes "running" on treadmill (it's running for me, but MFP says walking)

Best food tips:
    1. Don't drink your calories.
    2. Include 1 serving of protein, 1 serving of carbs, 2 servings of fruit/veggies at every meal (never cut out a category of food).
    3. You don't have have to give up your favorite foods. You just have to cut down the frequency and portion size.
    4. Water, water, water
    5. It's ok to have a 'bad' meal, but don't let that bad meal turn into a bad day, bad week, bad month, etc.
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: 45 minutes "running" on treadmill (it's running for me, but MFP says walking)

Best food tips:
    2. Include 1 serving of protein, 1 serving of carbs, 2 servings of fruit/veggies at every meal (never cut out a category of food).
    3. You don't have have to give up your favorite foods. You just have to cut down the frequency and portion size.
    4. Water, water, water
    5. It's ok to have a 'bad' meal, but don't let that bad meal turn into a bad day, bad week, bad month, etc.
    Those are some great tips. Thanks for sharing. I especially like the last one because I see so many people who let the one bad meal consume them and they can't get back on track.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Tues: Turbo Fire 30 (30 mins); Turbo Fire Stretch 10 (10 mins); Jamie Eason LiveFit (20 mins); 50 Jumping Jacks

Total minutes for today: 60
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire(55min) Zumba wii 2(31min) 25 burpees,50 pushups/5minstretch(10min)

Total min: 96
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from Huston, Tx tonight...we drove 687 miles today but I did manage to get in 54 minutes of moderator exercise...walking and lifting Tabby (98#'s)in a out of her chair for butt breaks.

breakfast today I ate greek yogart, for lunch I 6" ham from Subway, for mid day I ate the other half of the foot long sandwich and for dinner we eat at Chilli's I had 6oz steak and steamed brocilli...think I did good for being on the road.....
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Walking uphill @ 3.5 for 1hr.
  • Soyaknow
    Soyaknow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My new way to make the treadmill interesting, after 20 minutes at 3.0 I crank up the incline to 13 for one minute and repeat every 5 minutes. I'm surprised how easy the incline begins to be after a couple of rounds. Total of 60 minutes on the treadmill today, calories burned, 435 and 2.7 miles (had to add),

Not sure my tips add to the conversation since I'm new at this. Tracking and packing my food, keeping good healthy snacks on hand, consistent daily exercise and getting my inspiration from all of you is what is keeping me going right now. One of my favorite food tips I like, and everyone else basically thinks I'm weird, is cut up raw turnips. You can slice them thin and they give me the crunch I need. One turnip makes a good pile of a snack!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 1/15/2013- 60 minutes of kick boxing
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Best food tips:
    4. Water, water, water

I actually had some of the same tips:) but mostly DO NOT DRINK YOUR CALORIES! That may seem small, but it makes a huge difference. I mean I still struggle with it myself because let's face it water can get very boring very fast. I like to change it up. Flavored water kind of tricks my mind because it's sweet and carbonated like soda. However, I was still wondering if anyone had any tips on what they do to not eat/snack late night? I'm sure I've asked this before and if I have sorry, but i forgot.

Tuesday:
    15 minutes: walked my dogs
    20 minutes: circuit training
    10 minutes: Stretching.

Wednesday:
    15 minutes: Walked my dogs
    20 Minutes: turbo jam
  • heidienglund
    heidienglund Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will be doing some yoga, at least 30 min I will have to see the calories on that. My main goal today is to do some meal planning for the week. Thats very impotant!!!!!
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: 63 minutes on treadmill
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: 60 minutes indoor cycling
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Jane..I'm new :) Starting weight 192..hope to get to 180 by the end of the challenge.

I started to clean up my act in August and have lost about 25 lbs. Slowly. I hurt my knee and pushed a little to hard yesterday, so today's exercise total looks pallid. I was in the last challenge group Pamastori ran and really enjoyed it..so when she offered me a slot, I jumped on it!

SO calories burned this week:

Tuesday 798 Insanity x2 and treadmill ( my 4.0 may be a walk for some but not for these short fat legs!)
    Wednesday 250. turbofire core and sculpt

And already I must edit because I am a dork and didn't see MINUTES instead of calories:

Tuesday - 90 min
    Wednesday 50 min

Found a great app - CardioTrainer that is really great for logging exercise. I don't log it on MFP other than in my food notes because it messes with my ratios too much and I already have my calories set based on TDEE.

Have a great week!
  • jomom2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Jane..I'm new :) Starting weight 192..hope to get to 180 by the end of the challenge.

I started to clean up my act in August and have lost about 25 lbs. Slowly. I hurt my knee and pushed a little to hard yesterday, so today's exercise total looks pallid. I was in the last challenge group Pamastori ran and really enjoyed it..so when she offered me a slot, I jumped on it!

SO calories burned this week:

Tuesday 798 Insanity x2 and treadmill ( my 4.0 may be a walk for some but not for these short fat legs!)
    Wednesday 250. turbofire core and sculpt

And already I must edit because I am a dork and didn't see MINUTES instead of calories:

Tuesday - 90 min
    Wednesday 50 min

Found a great app - CardioTrainer that is really great for logging exercise. I don't log it on MFP other than in my food notes because it messes with my ratios too much and I already have my calories set based on TDEE.

Have a great week!

Welcome to our team Jane! Everyone Jane was on a waiting list to join our team.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Wednsday- 125 minutes walking

The one tip that I can give is to plan meals a day ahead. If I do not plan ahead, I usually eat too many calories.
  • jomom2
    Options
    UPDATE: Ok so Leigh Ann ( Captain Team Jillian ), suggested something that I think is great! Mimi(Captain Team Bob) has a topic posted as: TEAM BOB- WEEK 2 CHALLENGE PART 2. It is basically to post your healthy recipes. Leigh Ann asked Mimi if the group as a whole can add recipes there. And Mimi so graciously has accepted for all of us to add our recipes in her topic!!! So let's see your healthy recipes!!!
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody

I'm at the Comfort Inn here in Fort Stockon, TX...their fitness center isn't to bad I was able to get 90 minutes in after dinner...If any of you ever come here there is a great place to eat call BBK's I had to best kobos for dinner. clean eating...it was great. When eating out there are good things to eat if you look hard enough...it's all about choices.

90 minutes walking
  • jomom2
    Options
    Hello everybody

I'm at the Comfort Inn here in Fort Stockon, TX...their fitness center isn't to bad I was able to get 90 minutes in after dinner...If any of you ever come here there is a great place to eat call BBK's I had to best kobos for dinner. clean eating...it was great. When eating out there are good things to eat if you look hard enough...it's all about choices.

90 minutes walking

Great job on being on vacation and still having time for exercise! Have fun!