Let's go week 2ers!!

Options
Alright people, I hope you all had a great time for your first week. My eating was good and I did all the work outs. On my rest day, I went for a walk. Someone in another group I'm in posted the formula for how many calories you should be eating while on Insanity and I plugged in my numbers.. apparently I'm not eating anywhere near enough calories! I updated my information on MFP; changed my lifestyle to active. It even says on there "i.e. waitress, mailman" and I am a waitress haha! So it moved my calories from 1,200 to 1,320 and I will try and eat most of my calories from exercise back... if anyone is interested in that formula, I'll post it here.

Step 1: For Women: 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years) Step 2: Now take your number from above and multiply by the level of exercise listed below. Since you are doing INSANITY, the 'moderate active' or 'very active' factor should apply: 1.2-Sedentary (little or no exercise) 1.375-Lightly Active (light exercise 1-3 days/week) 1.55-Moderately Active (moderate exercise 3-5 days/week) 1.7-Very Active (hard exercise 6-7 days/week) or 1.9-Extremely Active (hard daily exercise and.or physical job). Step 3: THe number that you now have will tell you your calorie needs for weight maintenance. In step 3, you'll adjust this number up or down, depending on your weight loss or gain goals. For weight loss, subtract 500 calories per day from your number in step 2. For weight maintenance, do nothing, just use the number from step 2. For weight gain, add 250 to 300 calories per day to your number from step 2.

Replies

• Bluskyleilu
    Options
    Hi I am on week 2, round 2 of Insanity. I did the calorie thing before I started back in October and glad to see it posted again as I have forgotten what that original number was. I am surprised to see that I should be eating 2000 calories a day. . . that seems like a ton of food, especially when eating good food. I will add it in to my food diary and see if I see a difference in weight loss, as I have been at a stand still on my weight for a bit. Would certainly like to see the pounds melt away. . . Thanks for posting!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 of week 2 and im LOVING it, i seriously have never enjoyed workouts this much in my entire life, not to mention getting cut abs!
  • bee_elle
    bee_elle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I've done that calculation before but never while doing Insanity workouts. It looks like most days I am either about on track or a little under once I get the calculation. I'm glad to see I can eat a little more than I thought I could, though!
  • TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am on the 3rd day of week 2. Wow is this calulation ever different from what I am eating per MFP. I was at 1240 then I uped my activity level and am now at 1430 but according to this I should be at 2033. Now I guess I am actually at around 1700 if I eat back all of my calories. Hmmm...interesting... Hope everyone is doing well this week!