What is your favorite low carb tortilla?

Options
So we buy the la tortilla factory ones from Costco and my boyfriend likes them. I feel like they kind of have this smell/ taste that is weird and makes me kind of sick. So I don't really eat them. I do bake low carb bread from time to item but sometimes I am too lazy to do it. Anyone have suggestions for the most "normal" tasting low carb? Also has anyone tried the Joseph's low carb lavash, if so how is it and so they sell it in stores?

Replies

• martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I also buy La Tortilla Factory. I discovered that they have a few other flavors, like garlic & onion, and an herb one. You have to sacrifice an extra carb, but they're pretty good.

I had the pleasure of trying Joseph's low carb pita...but my local Walmart quit carrying it. >_>
  • martinah4
    Options
    I also buy La Tortilla Factory. I discovered that they have a few other flavors, like garlic & onion, and an herb one. You have to sacrifice an extra carb, but they're pretty good.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I like Santa Fe Tortilla Company Carb Chopper tortillas. I usually find them at Albertsons and they have the best taste and texture (not too chewy) of the low carb tortillas I've tried.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mission Tortilla Carb Balance Wheat. They also have the white flour version of the carb balance kind. I usually get the small taco/fajita ? size. Best thing about it is it can be found in nearly every grocery store. No weird taste and smell.
  • SKArunner
    SKArunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do they sell the La Tortilla Factory "One and Only Low Carb Tortilla" at Costco? I going there today then . . .

Never heard of such a low carb tortilla - very cool!!!

*was really excited for a second, thought they were a "one" carb tortilla. They still are very low though and probably cheaper then paleo bread.

Thanks
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    they sell them at Costco .... 18g of carb, 12g of fiber, net carb is 6g. Normally I want my servings to be 5g net carb, but can live with 6g in order to have a burrito!
  • martinah4
    Options
    La Tortilla's low carb is 3 net. It's low, but I still try to limit to one every couple of days.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    La Tortilla's low carb is 3 net. It's low, but I still try to limit to one every couple of days.

How come MFP is showing it as 6 net? 3 net is better and would mean I'd probably have breakfast burritos more often.
  • babyshekamoo
    babyshekamoo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I bought the mission ones today on sale at pavilions. Hopefully they taste better to me.
  • SKArunner
    Options
    Didn't have them at my COSTCO today. :(

I bought Smart Carb Bread instead Jullian Bakery 3 Net Crab. *Vitamin Cottage
  • babyshekamoo
    babyshekamoo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Didn't have them at my COSTCO today. :(

I bought Smart Carb Bread instead Jullian Bakery 3 Net Crab. *Vitamin Cottage

Yum that sounds good. Was it at Costco?

On another note I just tried the mission carb balance tortilla and it was amazing! No funny taste or smell tasted like a regular tortilla. I think I'm in love.
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use Xtreme Wellness, they have 5 net carbs, and I only eat one a day with breakfast, but they are good!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Lettuce leaves. Seriously! I avoid all those strange low-carb processed foods.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I do the Mission Carb Balance Tortilla.Not Wheat, just the regular White, and taste pretty much exactly like a regular tortilla. I don't care for the La Tortilla Factory ones either, too grainy or earthy or something.
  • rws262
    rws262 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    MaMa Lupe's are great.
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use the Xtreme Wellness tortilla. Its very good :)
  • SKArunner
    Options
    I bought both the white and wheat Mission Carb Balence Tortillas and they tatste amazing! Too Good!

I am questioning the fiber . . . is it truly 'Net'able?

The Carb Balance Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas has 19g of carb and 13g of fiber . . . Can you REALLY subtrack them like as if it is a given? And are there any negatives to eating food that have so much fiber?

It is that I like them way too much!!! And I can see myself eating a lot of them.

Thanks
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have used Wrap-Itz Lo-Carb Wheat Tortilla from time to time.
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use Flat-Out flatbread (instead of tortillas) at 100 calories and 7-8g net carbs (minus fiber) they are amazing.