Going Insane Pt 4 - The Strange Case of The Lumbering Oaf

BigDougie1211
BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,531 Member
So today I did Cardio Power & Resistance and tomorrow I've Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs and that's week 2 done.
Whoop Whoop and all that Jazz.
In general I think my fitness is already increasing. I'm more comfortable and confident in the exercises, the squats are a little lower, the jumps are a little higher the transitions are a little smoother and the breaks are a litle, well, littler.
A large part of this is no doubt due to an element of familiarity. I know what's coming next and am better prepped for it. 2 weeks in though, there are bound to be fitness gains.
Today was a nightmare exception though.
Something just didn't click for me and I didn't enjoy the work out the way I normally do. It's always fairly tough, but for some reason today was like swimming through treacle. I was blowing harder, moving slower and tiring more easily.
When I " Hit the Floor " the floor hit back.
So what went wrong? What was different about today?
There are several theories I've considered.

1 A change in the Earth's gravitational pull. Perhaps I feel heavier because our position within the solar system has changed slightly, thus affecting my ability to perform the simplest of tasks without feeling like some sort of lumbering juggernaut. However, a quick phone call to Dr Brian Cox ( who as we all know is an authority on all things sciencey ) reveals 2 things. Firstly, he hates 7am phone calls from complete strangers with random questions about the path of the Earths orbit. More importantly, though, the Earth's path is " continuing as normal. Now get off my pissing phone and don't ever ring me again. In fact, how the hell did you get my number anyway? I'm calling the police.... "

2 I've been drugged and beaten up by Ninjas in the night. Now, you may not know or even want to believe this, but I'm kind of a big deal. Any man who can get Brian Cox's phone number out of the blue is clearly someone to be reckoned with. There is a possibility that a rival Ninja Clan ( who think I've dishonoured their Master in some way ) have decided to exact their revenge by slipping into my room at night and punching me repeatedly, rendering me incapable of completing even basic movements with any sort of grace or balance. This in turn will ensue I'm viewed as a buffoon by others, thus returning the disgrace originally visited on the Ninja clan. A quick check for strategic bruising would seem to rule this out, but Ninja can be sneaky. Damn Ninjas.

3 I am actually a mutant/superhero with special powers including super strength, speed and agility. However, these powers only manifest themselves intermittently and I'm currently " Powered Down ". I've checked the archives of local papers etc though and I don't seem to have rescued many people from burnign buildings, armed robberies etc. Also, I don't think I have the committment to be a super villain, so we can probably rule that possibility out.

4 I had planned to train this evening, but a scheduling conflict ( flagged up at 5:45 am ) meant that I had to get out of bed at 6 this morning to work out. This has led to my having to train unexpectedly, while, not so much physically, but mentally tired and unprepared. This mental hangover in turn affected my physical performance and capability and made it REALLY difficult for me to finish this morning.

Who knows what really happened? Maybe one day some intrepid investigator or archaeologist will discover the truth. Until then Dear Reader, we will all have to wonder.....

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    TOO FUNNY!! Have you considered it's your wife's TOM and your have sympathy symptoms?
  • I kinda like working out super early before Im mentally aware and then going back to bed and pretending it never happened.

The gravitational pull theory HAS to apply here. Because when they do power jumps everyone on the DVD jumps and gets theirs knees up by their ribs...and mine dont do that. At all. It looks alot like any other time I have ever jumped. LOL

Im a little new to the world of Insanity...are you doing a hybrid or something? I see that I have Insane Abs and Insane Resistance in the back of my Insanity package but I dont see it listed in my week 2. ?? Are you being extra insane? :)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,531 Member
    No I'm just working off the Standard Insanity Schedule.
    Do you maybe have " The Asylum " or smething with different work outs?
  • abreuluv
    abreuluv Posts: 9 Member
    Hilarious as always and yes! yes! yes! Exactly how I felt yesterday and today! I wake up at 4 am to do my workouts. Usually I am all excited and ready to go. These past two days though have been rough. If it weren't for the fact that my husband and I are doing this together, I really think I would have just slept in the past two days. Hopefully it is just a hurdle that I need to get over. I really want to be able to get up at 4 AM just out of habit and enjoy the workouts again very soon.