new to the whole 'eating more to weigh less' deal!

Options
hi everyone :smile: i've recently stumbled upon a post talking about how important it is to eat enough in order to lose weight. Then i was told about this group and am so happy to see it!! i've been looking for friends who also eat more instead of just hitting about 1200 calories a day, since i am nervous about doing this because my body is so used to eating too little calories. I've started on sunday, but since i was at work all day, i didn't quite get up to a high enough number (but still higher than normal). yesterday was better though!

so nice to meet you all, i'm kris! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• matawna
    matawna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started too. I was eating around 1200 ish.. and I lost 36 lbs... Now I have plateaud for the last month.. and am bouncing up and down 3 lbs... I was told to try eating more.. so that's what I am doing. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • beachygirlk
    Options
    glad to see someone else starting it along with me! :) i added you!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well.
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You are not alone -- another newbie here.

I have increased my calories and add weights to my routine.

I am about 2 weeks into this -- patience is going to be key. I was expecting results already (ha).

I do feel better and my scale hasn't gone up (knock on wood) or down but, I am optimistic.
  • leenie96
    Options
    Just started too, but I feel so much more energy. No more grumbly tummy throughout the day :) Feel free to add me.
  • enoid1
    enoid1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Where can I find how this works?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Where can I find how this works?

Click on the word Discussion in the listing above. several stickies there, you'll want to read through.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to fuel your body! It is a journey that requires patience, but you will be well rewarded if you stick with it!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it since October , feel free to add me! Google EM2WL you'll get all the info there, plus here .
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Started about 3 days ago. Added you...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way. Your body requires a certain amount of energy to function according to the four components of TDEE. As long as you provide less energy in the form of calories consumed than your actual and present TDEE, you will reduce fat mass. You do not need huge deficits for fat loss to occur. That's pretty much the premise here.
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started too. It's good to know I'm not alone.

There seem to be many success stories here!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i wanted to chime in and say that i just started doing this too. my long story short is: i lost 70 pounds steadily over the last year and half. then in the last 6-8 months i have slowly gained 15 back. after talking to my trainer last week, he said that i wasn't eating enough. so i did the scoobysworkshop calculator and am shocked at the results!! i had my mfp at 1650 and scooby says 2200! i do very intense workouts 5-6x/wk and getting nowhere! :grumble: this has to be why! so i have changed my mfp info w/ 40p/30c/30f as recommended by trainer. i am excited to see what happens....if anyone that has been doing this for awhile wants to add me, please do....
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Just started Monday. I already feel better. Amazing. I weigh in tomorrow and trying not to expect much. Please add me if you'd like. I have 30 lbs to lose. Been up and down all my life. Was at a great weight for my wedding 4 years ago and I gradually gained it all back and then some. I know it's because I starved myself to get there. Now I am determined to do it right. And understand that I have to be patient! There's no quick weight loss solutions that work long term.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to this method, but like it so far. I'd rather lose the weight slowly and feel great in the process than lose it quickly and feel crappy. Good luck everyone!
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, feel free to add me