What's the most difficult part of level 1 for you?

Options
For me it's those damn side lean things, the ones where you have to lift your arms up to eye level with your hand weights! Yesterday (day 3) was the first time I made it through w/o needing to stop for a break!!! I am using 5lb weights... Now I'm thinking I should have gotten the 3lb ones!

Replies

• jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Those get me too! I usually can get through the first set, but by the second set I need to stop a few times.
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For me it's those damn side lean things, the ones where you have to lift your arms up to eye level with your hand weights! Yesterday (day 3) was the first time I made it through w/o needing to stop for a break!!! I am using 5lb weights... Now I'm thinking I should have gotten the 3lb ones!

Haha I'm only at the 3lb weights and they're killing me. It got better yesterday though - day 4, but still, the second set is killing me. Also the shoulder moves are what leave me the most sore.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 and those suckers still burn so bad!!!! I hate hate hate that part of level 1!!! So happy I only have tomorrow and then on to level 2 which as a matter of fact I remember I hated the last time around! Oh well I will suck it up to see results!
  • tonya_2010
    tonya_2010 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred and I just couldn't make it through the entire thing. I got so discouraged and haven't tried it again. That was about a week ago. I'm going to try my best to push through it tonight. Is it simply mind over matter or I am just not strong enough for Jillian?
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On level 1, the side lunges are definitely a killer! I can only use 3 pound weights - I cannot imagine using anything heavier! I can up my weights for all other exercises, but never that one!

I am determined to start doing my push ups on my toes instead of knees starting tomorrow (day 5). Even if I only do a few and then go to my knees...hopefully by day 10 I can do them all on my toes!

Tonya - just keep trying, you'll get better every day. If you have to do some exercises without weights, or with light soup cans, try that until your strength builds up. Good luck!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    There are a few things that are extremely challenging for me or I have had to modify. I can not do the jumping jacks. I have damage to my spine and it seems to affect it and the pain will flare up. Not to mention an ankle that I sprained last spring that still bothers me. Instead of jumping jacks I march on the spot lifting my knees as high as I can and do the arm movements. Some of the movements, like the side lunges, I have to start very slowly with to give my back a chance to warm up to it so I don't have muscle spasms. Does anyone else have to stop the dvd to run to the bathroom midway through jumping/bouncing routines? I don't think Jillian has had kids.
  • izraa
    izraa Posts: 17
    Options
    push ups even the girly one i only can do 7 to 10 per set
  • blacklabelbabe
    blacklabelbabe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    PUSHUPS. They KILL me!
  • madumond
    madumond Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dont give up!!! I couldn' t make it throught the first day either!!! Just rest a bit when you need to. Today i finished day 3 and was almost able to make it the whole way through:) I struggle with the push-ups.
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Agreeee second set of those are way worse for me though but I like to remind myself when its burning its changing or however Jillian puts it..
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Darn it didn't quote on the post I wanted but I was talking about the side sqauts
  • hlj4773
    Options
    Don't give up! I have stopped on day 6 or 7 in the past but determined to finish it. Each day you will get farther than you did the day before. Just hand in there. Quitting is the worst you can do for yourself :love:
  • muzio
    muzio Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Apart from the push-ups (could only ever do them at the knees), the side lunge with anterior raises were the worst. Even by the last day of level 1, with 3lb weights, the last couple on the last minute killed my arms (though the legs were ok, and I could make it through).
    Some of this stuff in level 2, though... i dunno. but that's for another thread ;)
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options

same here! hate em, using 1.5 kg , that's 3 lbs isn't it?
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There are a few things that are extremely challenging for me or I have had to modify. I can not do the jumping jacks. I have damage to my spine and it seems to affect it and the pain will flare up. Not to mention an ankle that I sprained last spring that still bothers me. Instead of jumping jacks I march on the spot lifting my knees as high as I can and do the arm movements. Some of the movements, like the side lunges, I have to start very slowly with to give my back a chance to warm up to it so I don't have muscle spasms. Does anyone else have to stop the dvd to run to the bathroom midway through jumping/bouncing routines? I don't think Jillian has had kids.

hahah I'm glad it's not just me that has to run to the loo!!
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The side lunges, for sure!

I'm on day 4 and on day 1 I literally CRIED like a baby about 15 minutes into it and kept crying until about 30 min after. Not sure if I just needed some release or what but that level kicked my *kitten* badly that day. I did level 2 on day 2 and it wasn't nearly as bad.

I notice that certain exercises are worse for me based on what muscles are sore. But those side lunges...ugh! EVERY SINGLE TIME
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yep ... The side lunge thing kills my arms, push ups I can only do girlie snd the jumpinhpg jacks are very icky that I have had 3 kids!! She should ad kegels!!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The side lunge things. The push ups. The jump rope when I am tired. And, it hurts my toes for days when i do lunges. So, I have to do a weird modified stance for the lunges with bicep curls.
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ahh! My toes/feet hurt after all of the jumping jacks and lunges, too. Like numbing pain if that makes sense. I'm having some hip pain, too, that I'm needing to use the foam roller for.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, can only do the two sets of 17 on my knees but after L1Day6 I can tell my stamina is improving. Side lunges are tough but I switch down from 10lb weights to 5 lb weights for those.

I noticed one of my arches hurts after workout, probably from jacks or jump rope. 30ds can also be rough on the knees if you're not careful.