What kind of cats you have....

Options
I have 4 cats.....Tiger Butt (he is my main baby) he is black and silver DSH (Domestic Short Hair0 and he is about 10 years old and he weighs about 9lbs. Then I have Aysia (she is about 3 years old) she is a snowshoes siamese and she is my biggest weighing about 17lbs. Now to introduce Captain "Jack" Sparrow (Jack for short) he is silver and blask stripped DSH he is about 2 years old and weighs about 15lbs but he is alot larger in size (built wise) and then last but not least we have Peanut Butter he is an orange buff colored tiger stripped kitten about 5 months old and weighs about 5lbs, we rescued him from Subway parking lot. They are the joy of my life.....

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    How could I not join with my username!....thats if you don't mind having a forum moderator in your group!

I have 5 (+2) cats

Flossie, my one eyed black fluff ball. Oscar my overweight orange tabby. Tabs (very original name huh) standard tabby cat. These 3 just walked in and never left. Jasper my black hand reared baby (3 years old but hes still my baby as I had him from an hour old after his 5 month old kitten mother gave birth and ran off) and lastly Fliss, his litter sibling who was born the next day and raised by their mother who I had at 6 weeks old (I had her so she didn't face the same fate as her mother and grandmother)

Thats it for the 5 now for the +2.

These are strays that come regularly for feeds but don't tend to hang around after eating. Stratham, a lovely fluffy grey tom cat. I think he's got lots of cat cafes he stops off at but no full time home (or one that doesn't really care) And then there's Big Mac, he's a large built but skinny white and black (possibly part siamese) tom, pretty sure he is homeless as his behaviour is semi feral. If I can find a vet that will take them at a moments notice and heavily discount I will capture and neuter and release but no luck so far.

There you go...I am a crazy cat lady and I don't care who knows it!:laugh:
  • maurakl
    Options
    I have a Bengal, which at the moment is missing. Her name is Ladybug. I miss her so much. We are hoping she will find her way home or that someone has taken her in and will see our ad in the paper or posted around our small town. She is so cute and she absolutely adores my husband. He was not a cat person, but she sure won him over. She prefers him over me in a big way. I really hope she will come back to us as we both miss her terribly. She has been missing for five days now. We have not found her on the side of the road, though, so I take that as good news.

We also have one stray that I have had for several years. He is still afraid, but knows that we love him because we feed him. Bless his heart, he is frequently injured and just keeps plugging along and comes home most days for meals.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Go out in the dead of night and call, whistle and rattle her favourite food/treats. Your voice will carry further when its deadly quiet and may just serve as a reminder. I did this every time my orange boy went astray (waiting for his tomcat hormones to die down) and he was always back within 24 hours...after being missing for up to 2 weeks.

Hope ladybug turns up safe and sound soon.
  • kayleighlovesme
    kayleighlovesme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my cats.I have a sphynx,Siamese ,and oriental cats.They are my babies.I take my cat and show At cat shows.Tney all so very entertaining.
  • dorihinkelmann
    Options
    We have 2 cats...both domestic American short hair...brother and sister...we adopted them from my parents farm as orphans...Moxi Chaos is our little girl and Brodi Razor our little boy...both are about 2 1/2yrs old...They both live by their names...Moxi luvs to climb and destroy plants...even the fake ones...she has climbed the fake tree in our diningroom and knocks it over...eventhough she is small and light-weight...you can hear her jumping and running from anywhere in the house...Brodi on the other-hand is very meek and mild...but when he had claws he torn everything up...these days he still tries to scratch everything but now with no claws...all furniture and skin is safe from harm...even when they were very small they slept with a paw over the other and still do to this day...they clean eachother and today as Moxi was cleaning Brodi's front paws and Bodi cleaning Moxi's tail...suddenly Brodi looked up...eyes closed and the funniest (how disgusting) look on his face...made us laugh because he looked like as if Moxi had farted in his face while he was cleaning her...needless to say that was the end of the cleaning...hahaha...he shot off the bed and straight to the window...hahaha...
  • dorihinkelmann
    Options
    So sorry to hear about LadyBug...I sure hope she returns very soon safely...
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have a tortoiseshell named Tortie who is almost 13. I got her and her brother, Tigger when they were babies. Tigger unfortunately disappeared w/o a trace one day and I still wonder what happened to him. Tortie is the light of my life. I just love it when she sits in my lap and purrs softly as I am petting her. For a senior cat, Tortie has lots of energy. She runs all over the place. She has more energy than me! Tortie still has her health, which I am very glad about.

I have loved cats ever since I can remember. They facinate me to no end and I love how they purr. They are purrfect in so many ways.

I hope ladybug turns up safe and sound soon.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have one baby. Her name is Dupa. My sister in law found a litter outside her work in Savannah. Dupa was the only one still alive. She was a couple weeks old when we got her. We haven't gotten a clue what types of cat she is. She was plain white when we got her and now she's so many colors!!

This group is awesome btw. I love my Dupa. She's the only baby I need :-)
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    I have a Bengal, which at the moment is missing. Her name is Ladybug. I miss her so much. We are hoping she will find her way home or that someone has taken her in and will see our ad in the paper or posted around our small town.

I hope you find her soon!

I have 2 Tabbys: an orange one named Fry and a grey one named Bender. They are about 1 1/2 years old and are brothers. For some reason, Fry is quite a bit huskier than Bender.
    They are so entertaining, they chase each other around the house all day. Those boys keep me VERY busy! :)
  • maurakl
    Options
    Thanks for the wishes for us to find Ladybug. I haven't given up yet. I will keep you posted. I love hearing about cats. They are so much fun! One of my favorite things about Ladybug is that she adores my husband. His pants are on the floor by the bed where he takes them off and she sleeps in them. It is so cute. She will do anything to be close to her daddy :)
  • twoday
    twoday Posts: 210
    Options
    I have a Bengal, which at the moment is missing. Her name is Ladybug. I miss her so much. We are hoping she will find her way home or that someone has taken her in and will see our ad in the paper or posted around our small town.

I hope you find her soon!

I have 2 Tabbys: an orange one named Fry and a grey one named Bender. They are about 1 1/2 years old and are brothers. For some reason, Fry is quite a bit huskier than Bender.
    They are so entertaining, they chase each other around the house all day. Those boys keep me VERY busy! :)

I hope you find her soon too.. I have always wanted and orange cat. I am not sure what kind of cats I have. I found then when they were very young and they were abandoned by their mom (think she was killed or and animal got her) they are my sweet kitten cats of 11 year old.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I hope you'll find Ladybug soon. This is one of my biggest nightmares and one of the reasons why my cats aren't allowed to go out here. The area just isn't very cat-friendly and every other week, you have a devastated neighbor come looking for their cat.

Anyway, this group is awesome. After I found that #crazycatlady and #catsofinstagram are my most used tags on Instagram, I can't help but feel I belong here. :wink:

I share my flat with two felines. Sally is almost seven now. She's half white and half tabby. I got her from a rescue shelter, together with her friend Jack (Jack & Sally? Tim Burton, anyone? :love: ), but Jack died only a year later. We think he had some kind of disability because his behavior often reminded us of an autistic person and sometimes, strange things would happen to him, like he would just dropp off a surface without really slipping, like he would just faint for a second. The vet never found anything, though. I tried living with just Sally for a couple years and she seemed alright but I still felt bad for her. I work full time and didn't want her to be alone so much. Eventually, a co-worker told me about a farmer / restaurant owner whose cat had had kittens and he was thinking about drowning the last one because no one wanted it (!!!!). So I drove there to pick it up without further question. That's how Äffchen came to live with us. Äffchen means "little monkey" in German and the name couldn't be more appropriate. Not only is she a black and brown calico (I think?!) and kind of skinny and lanky like a baby monkey, she also acts like one. She swings and jumps around and in general, she's our very own entertainment show. She's going to be three this year and I don't think she'll ever lose the baby face and the crazy "Play With Me"-attitude.
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a seal point ragdoll named Bella & she's amazing, so loyal and loving and calm, she's 2 and can still be quite playful & a bully when she wants to be! She has sky blue eyes and has the softest long fur and she loves water, she even steps in the shower with me! I'm planning to get another ragdoll when I move into my new house later this year :)

& she has a giant booty like me :P
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a seal point ragdoll named Bella

Aww, I love ragdolls! They're so pretty and gentle and cute!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    hi, I have 4 cats. Two I got from Adopt a pet when they were 4 mths old. They are now 10 1/2. Both short haired females/fixed. One is tortie in color but body shape/wedge face, long legs,lanky looks like a siamese. The vet was even shocked the first time he saw her. "My if that cat isn't screaming, I am siamese, just don't look at my color" LOL, I named her Sadie, but she never answered to it. She would do some of the goofist things when I got her. I would say, you are one goofy cat. She responded to the name Goofy, so that is her name now. Her sister is Mandy Pandy, nicknamed Fatty Watty. She is a beautiful cat, she is mixed with torty/calico tabby. She has beautiful swirl design on her sides above back legs. Face is tabby looking, then her chest,tail look more calico and on her middle belly she looks like tiger with 6 little black dots. Everyone who see's her is amazed how pretty she is. The last 3 inch's of her tail have strips total of 7 in different colors.. She weighs 15 lbs and Goofy weighs 12lbs. Then my sister passed away Nov 2010 and had just gotten 2 kittens June1st. they were almost 6 mths old and she didn't want them split up (she had terminal cancer). I told her I would take care of her babies and I have. I still refer to them as my cats and hers. Hers are now 2 1/2 yrs old and the Fixed male is all shinny black except a white spot on top of his chest just under his neck (very small spot), He is Sparky and weighs around 14/15lbs. I think he will be bigger than Mandy. Then the Femail cat same age as Sparky is a torty/calico named Sasha. She is very petite. only weights 7lbs. When I feed the 4 cats treets. Goofy, Mandy and Sasha all look the same from the top (all tortie) and then there is the solid black cat Sparky.

So I have 2 10 1/2 yr olds, and 2- 2 1/2 yr olds... plus a chihuahua doggie that is 7 3/4 yrs old. Love them all and they keep me busy

Oh and they say simese cats talk, well Goofy, the one with simese body shape does not talk, but her littler mate Mandy does talk, very chatty cat. She just goes on and on telling you stories. her little wiskers wiggle, her eyes squint , open wide etc. It is so cute.
  • Mystismom
    Options
    I hope Ladybug has returned to you by now! I have 1 fur baby, my Mysti Dawn.She's a light gray and cream tabby, almost 13.She acts much younger and is the joy of my life! My husband HATED cats when I met him, but a few years after we got married, I convinced him to let me get a kitten.He tolerated her and the cats that followed.For some reason, he and Mysti bonded from the moment they met! He is now a proud daddy and they still share a special bond!
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    Oooh wishing your Ladybug finds her way home!! I had a cat run away for almost a month... don't give up hope! :)

My furbaby's name is Fiji... he's my first siamese and he's turning 2 in March. I've got to say there hasn't been anything boring about him!! Keeps me on my toes with all his demands and quests for attention. I've had cats my whole life, but I've got to say that there is definitely something quite special about this breed!! He tests me all the time, but he's a super affectionate cat and he likes other people... but I'm his mommy and he shows it lol...
  • FreeXX
    FreeXX Posts: 1
    Options
    I have four cats, and an extended family of four others. Living with me are: Putty, a gorgeous black cat with beautiful golden eyes - he is my "main man." Next is Lily, a long-haired tuxedo with a definite attitude. Vinny & Ted are 8-month old brothers, ginger-colored tabbies who rule over it all. With my ex-husband (we fought for custody --lol) is me beloved Joey, a gray tiger and Sammy a gray cat with white. My daughter has my Chloe, who is gray and white along with her special girl, Gia - a Maine Coon. Love all my kitties!
  • amberdust
    Options
    I have two cats, a plump bi polar tortishell cat, and a scrawney lankey tabby type scaredy-cat.

I got the first one at pet smart after my dear miss kitty passed away from cancer (she was part maine coon part human) the second i got from the pound near my parents house the day before thanksgiving.

They are both so sweet. the tortie is named Mocha, she does this thing that when you put your hand out at any length she'll jump on her hind paws and rub her face against your hands. Its so cute. She's a little nutty though, one second she's purring and rubbing, the next she's clawing your arm off and biting your fingers. She's absolutely a lap cat though, she loves to be on anyones lap. She's very fearless. She hunts the vaccume cleaner, and fireworks just make her go "yeah, what do you want me to do with that?"

My other kitty, Mr Krinkle, is a bit of an oddball. He's bigger than mocha, but definately NOT the alpha cat. He's very lanky, very energetic, but very very fearful. I open a window and he runs and hides under the bed. He is however very very loyal. He's always the first one to greet me at the door (for food) and he always sleeps at the foot of our bed. Although he's no guard cat. If anyone comes over he runs and hides --under the bed of course.

They are sweeties. But Miss Kitty was the best. I had her before i met my husband. She had a personality of her own. Whenever i was upset or crying she would come running to comfort me. She wasn't necessarily a lap cat, but she always had to be near me. When i would leave the house she would sit on the back of the couch and watch the door waiting hours, even days, for me to come home. When i got up in the morning she would go into the bathroom and sit in front of the shower waiting for me to finish. I remember when i switched from night shift to day shift, she squinted her eyes with me, stating that it was too early to be up.

She loved people, she always came to the door any time someone came over. All the repair men that came over she would come and investigate, and watch them. She loved kids in the way that she owuld let them grab at her and pick her up and squeeze her, and she would never bite or scratch or growl or hiss.

She was a sweet cat. We used to play games, she used to fetch, she would play hide and seek and tag with me. We used to pick on her by saying her name, and she'd just wag her tail liek she was pissed off. But sadly four years after i got her she developed a nasty tumor on her leg. Her leg was removed, and for a few months i had my odl cat back. She didn't even mind being 3 legged. Then the cancer came back worse. She got it all over her body and in her brain. When she layed in our bed for 2 days straight and couldn't breathe anymore we had to put her down.

At least now we could bring two new cats into our life, and give them a wonderful happy life. But i still believe that she was the best cat.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cat. Sydney -- We rescued her from the storm drain at work. I took her home and that was that. She was about 7 weeks old when I got her and now she is 9 months. She is gray and adorable and has a great personality. If you hold her against her will she makes this little airy sound. Not really a sound -- just air coming out. It's so funny. She's the only pet I have at my place but she goes with me to my mom's 1-2 times a month and has plenty of cats to play with there. My mom has more than I'm willing to mention on here. lol She is the crazy cat lady. She has some cats inside and then strays that showed up and she named them, had them fixed and feeds them all twice a day. That is one thing I can say for her. Every last animal that comes through her yard gets fixed. I would love to have the money that she spends on those animals each month. She'll do without so they don't have to.

I don't know how to post pics on here -- but I do have at least 1 of Sydney in my photos on my profile.