introduceing myself :)

Options
asharee12
asharee12 Posts: 5 Member
hi!! my names Ashley and i just recently turned 20
i joined mfp about a year ago but haven't used it to much. i just recently got into it because i need to change my life. i weigh 347 pounds and am always depressed! i always tell myself ok this is the week im going to lose weight...then, it never happens...no one in my family is close to my weight to even know what i deal with. i feel like my weight gets in the way of my happiness all of the time. about 2 years ago my doc put my on adipex which helped dramatically !! within three months i dropped almost 40 pounds i was so happy and wasn't even close to my goal weight. but then my doc took me off of it and wouldn't let me continue taking it. i then gained all my weight back and some...i feel like i have just fell into a huge depression pit with no one to help me out. i am very self conscious and have no self esteem what so ever. i wish i had someone who could talk and understand me who knows what i have went threw my whole life. i really need some encouragement and a friend who i can talk to or maybe even be a workout buddy!! i just want to be able to go to a water park or wear shorts and short sleeve shirts without feeling like someone is laughing at me. i want my fat to stop getting in the way of my life. please help!!

Replies

• tiff_doubleu
    Options
    Hi Ashley!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I also struggle with self-esteem and depression issues. It's a daily struggle for sure. Unfortunately, I am in WI and can't be a work out buddy, but I'll definitely be here on MFP to support you!

We've got this!! :)