More pressure because we're tall

Options
2»

Replies

• erinpooh
    Options
    No one ever believes you need to lose the weight you say you need to lose. So I don't tell people how much I want to lose. Problem solved!

I've lost 25 pounds since last summer and I'm sure hardly anyone notices the difference.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Photography is the greatest lie ever shown, so please don't blame the models, they're just tall girls who are annoyed with sleeve-length too :flowerforyou:

The camera should be tarred and feathered.
  • Beachbaby30
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes! I'm 5"10 and have a large frame- great if you want to play football. Not great if you want to appear demure and feminine. I've always been conscious of this fact.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be dainty. I've never been dainty a day in my life.
  • leithy89
    leithy89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mmm not more pressure to loose weight or anything, more or less get told we carry it better...
    I've always wanted to be short to look amazing in high heels. I love high heels.
  • AliciaNE
    AliciaNE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely have felt this way most of my life.

We all know that we're supposed to love ourselves no matter our shape or size, but when you have been living in a world telling you your entire life that you are too tall or too wide, you're going to more likely than not, believe it. Everyone from friends, family, and therapist will try to tell you to have confidence and give yourself positive messaging around your body image, but this seems like a fruitless effort when you are continuing to receive the input of negative messages about your body from society.

It feels like a losing battle for me personally because there is more external negative input than positive internal input. You just can't compete with the vast amount of information being externally thrown at you about how you should look.

For me connecting with a group like this and hearing that other people are experiencing similar feelings is what helps the most. Stay strong!