How to ease the gluten reaction if you have it by mistake

2»

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    If you have Celiac, there isn't anything you can do. Some people say you can take enzymes if you are just gluten intolerant, but I don't know about that.

Obviously, you cant avoid all cross contamination or miss labeling, but you should be as careful as possible. Celiac is an autoimmune disease which means your body attacks itself in ways you may not be able to see. Don't think a stomach ache or hives is the only thing going on. If you do come across something that is miss labeled, I would definitely complain to the manufacture. Also, just because the ingredients may be gluten free, does not mean it is prepared in a gluten free environment- and that is frequently a big cause of reactions.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    I have noticed since I started taking probiotics again I've been feeling much better and any exposures to gluten haven't been as dramatic....
  • I just drink heaps of water and drink lots of electrolytes and gatorade. I find after being GF for 5 years when i do get glutened its horiffic. My symptoms are worse than ever. Before i was diagnoised i had daily diarrhea, bloating, vomitting, joint pain, skin sensitivity etc.

I don't eat anything that would turn my stomach i try to stick to plain food. It generally takes me a good 2 weeks to lose the fatigue and general unwell feeling. :-(