How is everyone doing so far?

Options
dporter1183
dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
Everyone still feeling motivated and pushing forward??

I had a bad first week weigh in because I actually GAINED, and I have no idea why, but this week I'm feeling good and inspired to stay stong and I'm down 3.2 lbs from when we started the group. :bigsmile:

THIS IS THE YEAR. I know I can do this.

Replies

• k_hamel
    k_hamel Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I had a bad first week weigh in because I actually GAINED, and I have no idea why, but this week I'm feeling good and inspired to stay stong and I'm down 3.2 lbs from when we started the group. :bigsmile:

I am still feeling good. I had a really good week both diet and exercise. So I'm really hoping that I achieve a 1-2 lb weight loss. I did have my monthly visitor so hopefully that doesn't affect my weight loss.

Very glad to hear that your are going the right direction. Sometimes the scale does funny things but as depressing as that can be if you are doing the right things then eventually the scale will go in the right direction.

I know we can achieve our goals this year!!!
  • k_hamel
    k_hamel Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Also, my husband totally tried to sabatoge my week. He got Wendy's last night and I passed and ate the food I preparred on Sunday.
  • dporter1183
    Options

Also, my husband totally tried to sabatoge my week. He got Wendy's last night and I passed and ate the food I preparred on Sunday.

haha. my husband is the worst. I'll be doing crunches and squats while we're watching Biggest Loser and He'll sit right accross from me eating ICE CREAM with chocolate syrup all over it!
  • c2jeske
    c2jeske Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to get on the scale tomorrow morning. I have been exercising all week, as well as, counting my calories. I have been off of soda for two weeks now, which is huge for me. I am so grateful for finding this group and all the support I feel.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I may be having that kind of week this week :grumble: . I weigh every morning (bad habit but I can't kick it!) so I know about what's been happening. I went up 2 lbs and this morning I was at exactly the same weight that I was last Wednesday. So I have today to really buckle down and see at least a little result tomorrow morning. I haven't incorporated exercise yet but I know once I do that, I will be doing better. I just need to find the time! :indifferent:

Keep up the great attitudes everyone! We can do this together!! :flowerforyou:
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to get on the scale tomorrow morning.

ME TOO.

I feel like I had a good week (exception being a few alcoholic drinks on Saturday) but when I hopped on the scale this morning, I was only down 0.6, which I'm not complaining about, but I just don't know what to expect for tomorrow! EEEK
  • dporter1183
    Options

I may be having that kind of week this week :grumble: . I weigh every morning (bad habit but I can't kick it!) so I know about what's been happening. I went up 2 lbs and this morning I was at exactly the same weight that I was last Wednesday. So I have today to really buckle down and see at least a little result tomorrow morning. I haven't incorporated exercise yet but I know once I do that, I will be doing better. I just need to find the time! :indifferent:

Keep up the great attitudes everyone! We can do this together!! :flowerforyou:

I weigh every day just about too. I find it is actually a help to me. If I see that I went down in weight, I'm like "sweet, lets see if we can beat this tomorrow." But if I gain. I know I have to work harder that day.

Don't forget to drink your water today!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Wow, thats great progress! I am very excited to weigh in tomorrow morning, although i dont know if i will see the results im looking for. I think im adding muscle right now...
    haha, my husband is a bad influence. he sits right in front of me and eats candy, sweets, ect. he also eats ANYTHING he wants, and is loosing weight faster than me? i dont get it and its very frustrating. We can do this guys!
  • slimbyten
    slimbyten Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good this week, but I know that 2nd week after a big loss the 1st week can sometimes be disappointing. So I'm just trying to stay on track on and hoping for the best. Right now my plan is to weigh in just once a week but as I get farther along I may check it more often (maybe daily). Good luck to everyone! We can do this!!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am feelng good. I know I could have done better this week. I didn't get activity in but, I do plan on doing this. I have been hooked up to "wires" all week so it's been odd just walking around and sleeping with this heart recorder my doc said to wear for a week. It's not serious. My heart does some strange fluttering every once in awhile. Can't wait to just take the thing off and be free and for them to tell me it's just from stress/anxiety. (Which is what they think). So yeah, my husband ate Ben&Jerry's Phish Food in front of me last night and then asked, do you want some? This was at like 9:30 at night. He knows I want some but, no I am doing this and had one bad day this week diet wise so, no.

Everyone's support here is awesome and seeing the numbers in a spreadsheet knowing everyone can see is all the more motivating. Great group of people which makes a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good this week, but I know that 2nd week after a big loss the 1st week can sometimes be disappointing. So I'm just trying to stay on track on and hoping for the best. Right now my plan is to weigh in just once a week but as I get farther along I may check it more often (maybe daily). Good luck to everyone! We can do this!!

Sorry. I tend to ramble. This is me. I know it won't be as big as last week but, I am continuing no matter what. I do feel that weighing in does push you more too. Just don't get discouraged if it goes up unexpectedly. Especially, us females as we know...
  • maryjo28
    Options
    This will be my first week weighing in and reporting it. I logged all my foods and am just a little bit over my daily allotment of calories, so I think that is progress from when I didn't log my foods and just ate whatever I wanted. I just started Zumba, a dance class, and I hope my knees hold out (bursitis). Hope everyone does well at tomorrow's weigh in.
  • zinal
    zinal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I am doing, my scale seems to not like the cold weather. It i digital and is now showing all the number or part of the numers (i.e. 8 looks like 7 sometimes). Also, my activity level has been down due to extremely cold weather and the sleet/snow mixture. I tried to execie in the house, but the dogs thik I am trying to play and attack me. lol Tomorrow wll be tell though, if my scale cooperates. I've moved it to my desk so that it is in a warmer place.
  • Kellyjo_20_04
    Options
    I feel like I had a great week this week! I got in the gym or did an at home workout for at least 30 mins every night :) I stayed below my calorie goals too. Its been a big help that my boyfriend has been really supportive and encouraging, I have even been rubbing off on him a bit :) I continue to read all of the posts from everyone in the group and I'm glad to see that everyone is so positive, I'm glad to be a part of this!
  • donnad62
    Options
    Good for you! You have more willpower than me!

My husband brought home corned beef and swiss on rye. I ate it. I was starving....but i wasn't hungry the rest of the day and I tracked the calories so I am okay with a little slip.
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think I've done quite well with the calorie counting, I haven't gone over my allowance since starting. I just need to get to grips with the exercise part. I work long hours and don't get home till late and by the time I've come home and cooked tea I'm tired. I have a couple of days off now so will take the dog out for a few walks while I've chance. I'm also not getting the water down either, I don't like the taste ????

Everyone seems to be doing fab with their diet n exercise, keep it up????
    P.s I'm new on here and looking for new friends, please feel free to add me ( sorry for nattering on)
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi!

How's everyone this week?

I'm feeling much better this week about the weight in... especially after the 2 pound gain last week!
  • c2jeske
    c2jeske Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am a little nervous about this week. I haven't exercised in the last week due to a cold. Also we to The Cheesecake Factory with a girlfriend. I did well on my meal only eating half of the portion, but I took home cheesecake. I am planning on exercising when I get home and getting back on track. Keep up the hard work everyone!
  • maryjo28
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good and hoping to show a loss when I weigh in Wednesday morning. I've really been counting my calories. I did some strength training on the fit ball yesterday and hoping to go for a walk when I get home tonight. Good luck everyone!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    feeling great! cant wait to weigh in!