Down 3 pounds!

Options
Ten days in and I have lost 3 pounds. But I am struggling with my workout. I had to cut back on my cardio workout because my knees hurt so bad. Still Doing 15 minutes of intense cardio and then stretching. But that's about all I can handle. I'm wondering if it's my shoes.

Replies

• FitGoal165
    Options
    Nice job on the pounds lost!

It might be your shoes but it also might be the kind of exercise you're doing. Are you doing cardio exercises that jar your knees?
  • felipejose74
    felipejose74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Maybe it might be better to do less intense and longer if you're having that much stress on your knees. Also what type of cardio are you doing? Maybe moving to an elliptical or stair machine might help.
  • Devall1
    Options
    I've been doing the Insanity workouts by BeachBody. There is a lot of jogging-in-place type exercises. It certainly gets my heart rate up and burns a ton of calories.

But maybe it is all that type of exercise that is causing the pain in my knees
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    Nice work! Maybe it might be better to do less intense and longer if you're having that much stress on your knees. Also what type of cardio are you doing? Maybe moving to an elliptical or stair machine might help.
    ^ What he said. Maybe try a stationary bike for a while too.
  • spmccann
    spmccann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Firstly well done on the weight loss and the exercise.
    Running and jogging put three times as much pressure on your knees and your joints.
    You also need to do a little resistance work and on your core muscles. Exercising your core muscles doesn't require any equipment just a few minutes a day can help.
    there some good ones here http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047

Make sure your not jogging on the spot in your bare feet or a hard floor get a rug or something to cushion .
    Invest in a pair of trainers that have good cushioning your ankles and knees will thank you later.

I've been banned from the treadmill in the gym till I hit 90kgs as the trainer is concerned I'll damage my joints.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing the three lbs! I'm not a runner (I hate running), and my knees aren't so good anyway. Eventually I will need to step up the cardio, but right now I'm just losing weight by watching my calorie intake. Good luck!