I didn't die!

Options
Tina0488
Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
I started week 2 today! I didn't die and I didn't feel like I was going to either! I've NEVER been a runner and am actually proud of myself that I would run for 90 seconds straight! Wahoo!

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Well done!! :drinker:

I was going to start Workout 1, Week 2 this morning, but it's extremely icy on the streets. Will be going out this evening instead :bigsmile:
  • alasouthern
    Options
    Great job!! I know exactly how you feel. I've never been a run on purpose kinda girl until C25K. Now I actually look forward to it.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're off to a great start.

Kendra, watch out for that ice. Can you find a treadmill to use somewhere?

I'm not a runner either. Have tried it several times in the past and always failed. C25K has given me the focus to succeed. The program works. Stick with it.
  • ralphie_hutch
    Options
    Well Done! We're all proud of you too!

i'm about to do workout 2 of week 1... in the hail... strangely excited about it!!

I've never been a runner but there's so much positivity about this programme so im all guns blazing ;)
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I loathed running all my life. C25k changed that. I remember that first 60 second jog. I swore it was the longest 60 seconds of my life. Now I can go 35 minutes. I am now in week 2 of the next step, 5k to 10k.

Just keep with it. A month from now you'll look back and be amazed and so proud of yourself for accomplishing so much.

It is amazing what we can accomplish when we set our minds to it. This is one of the best groups as well. The forums can be nasty. This is a warm and welcoming group.

GO US!! :drinker:
  • emilykayftw
    Options
    I'm on week 5, day 1. I've been doing it every day instead of three days a week, so I can complete the program faster. I've really had to push myself this last week to maining my speed for the duration of the runs, but it's so worth it, and rewarding. There's nothing like being drenched in sweat and knowing you've given it your all.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I loathed running all my life. C25k changed that. I remember that first 60 second jog. I swore it was the longest 60 seconds of my life. Now I can go 35 minutes. I am now in week 2 of the next step, 5k to 10k.

Just keep with it. A month from now you'll look back and be amazed and so proud of yourself for accomplishing so much.

It is amazing what we can accomplish when we set our minds to it. This is one of the best groups as well. The forums can be nasty. This is a warm and welcoming group.

GO US!! :drinker:

This is such a lovey read. I'm new to the C25K programme and I can totally relate to the 60 second thing. When I first ran 60 seconds my lungs were screaming at me "please stop"! I've just completed W2 and already I'm noticing an improvement in how quickly I recover in between the brisk walk and the run. I'm committed to completing this programme.

Well done Tina0488 and everybody.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just love your thread title.

Are you still alive?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Yay for not dying!

I was saying to a friend tonight that the thing I love best right now about running/jogging and C25K is how empowering it feels. I used to have a godawful time doing the 60-second runs. Right now -- a little more than halfway through -- I can run six minutes straight without a problem, and then go on to do more. I'm in shock that my body can do it, and I can't wait to keep going.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Isn't this the best app ever!?! I'm in Week 7 and can't even begin to believe what I'm capable of.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    see, you can do it!
  • Tina0488
    Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement guys! I completed week2 day3 today and didn't even break a sweat! I'm amazed at how fast endurance increases!