How many calories are you eating?

Options
I know its been asked before, but I wanna know!
I'm using this:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones
and this:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Puts my daily calorie intake at 1709 (right at my BMR, via the Katch-McArdle formula), with instructions to add 200 calories on days when I work out.

Thoughts?

I been on and off a plateau for over A YEAR so clearly I was doing something wrong and I'm beyond ready to get back to losing.

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I weigh 320. I am set at 1770 calories here on MFP. I try to keep my overall NET calories around 1000. If I do not exercise that day, I end up eating close to 1500.

If I can keep my net calories at 1000, i lose about 2 pounds a week.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Typically between 2500-3000.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1,620 set by MFP but I find that not enough. I am trying to up my intake of both fruit and veg to see if that helps because I don't really eat any!! I've also got a Kfit armband which I wear constantley (sp?) and that has my intake goal at 2885 but I have to burn off 3105cals which is easier said than done!!!!!
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1990 right now. Typically I come in under that by 200 or 300 calories, unless I just didn't plane my meals in advance.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1610... I was higher, around 1700+, but as I lost weight, it changed and I had to adjust it as my exercising went down. I'm finding that upping my protein intake helps keep me satisfied longer :)
  • sunnyGinnaye
    Options
    i think its 1640..
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    Around 2500.
  • wyera
    wyera Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For me, between 1800 and 2400 usually. According to MFP I should be at 2500.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1500 calories a day, most days it's closer to 1800 though. And, I try to burn 500-1000 calories through exercise a day. I'm 5'4", 268 pounds w/ a BMR of 1960.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2,000 cals. I don't plan to eat workoutcals (but hey sometimes it is what it is) I'm seeing a loss and my clothes are fitting better.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist set mine at 2500.....
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1800 per day, but sometimes I add 200 on heavy workout days.

I don't eat my exercise calories back as long as I'm still over 1200.

I seem to lose the most weight (2-3 pounds per week) if I net 1400 calories, but then I stall out, so I try to stay around 1600-1800.
  • TooBIGdotNet
    TooBIGdotNet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group and so glad you're all talking about this. I'm struggling at trying to find what I should be using. Mfp says 2770 I'm 5'10 454lbs is the 2770 what I should be at net wise at the end of the day? I've been working out a lot lately and find myself burning over. 1000 cals in exercise. I don't eat them back so I'm thinking I'm eating too less. I'm only loosening between a pound or two. When I don't work out hardly at all I lose about 4-5 but I want to work out....lol

It's very frustrating for me

Does 2770 sound right to you all at being 450lbs?
  • raynavee
    Options
    I set mine at 1770 for this week (I adjust them weekly based on my TDEE at the time). I try to keep in control of my own limits opposed to allowing MFP set them for me. This way I know better as to what my body needs. I hardly ever actually get up to my goal, averaging about 1400 kcal a day (on hiatus from working out due to just having gallbladder surgery), but that's because I do like to eat veggies. Veggies are delicious and a fantastic way to fill yourself up without over doing it on calories.
  • raynavee
    Options
    Just joined the group and so glad you're all talking about this. I'm struggling at trying to find what I should be using. Mfp says 2770 I'm 5'10 454lbs is the 2770 what I should be at net wise at the end of the day? I've been working out a lot lately and find myself burning over. 1000 cals in exercise. I don't eat them back so I'm thinking I'm eating too less. I'm only loosening between a pound or two. When I don't work out hardly at all I lose about 4-5 but I want to work out....lol

It's very frustrating for me

Does 2770 sound right to you all at being 450lbs?

You should try to consume at least 70% of the calories that you're burning off during exorcise. If you're burning 1000 calories, add 700 to your daily goal. You should NEVER cut >30% of your TDEE from your diet. Here's a thread with some more information: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I was set around 1800, but this last week I'm trying out 2100 as I found myself getting tired and irritable.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My calories are set at 1820. I usually eat between 1600-1800 calories and been losing 2 lbs a week. I don't exercise at all.
  • javienjaydenmommy
    Options
    1800-2000
  • libertarian4321
    libertarian4321 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    MFC set me at 1990 also. I've been doing this for about a month and have managed to average probably 1800-1900 a day.

I'm not losing weight all that fast, but at least it's going in the right direction after 20 years of going straight up.

I'm surprised that I don't feel hungry (I was probably eating 4,000+ before starting this).

I'm still eating a lot, but it's mostly relatively healthy stuff, not junk/pizza/beer/fast food like I had been eating.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    MFP had me set around 1800, the roadmap put me around 2100, I probably average around 1700.