coffee and tea

Options
I am really missing my coffee and tea. I usually take it with milk and sweetener. Anyone have a good replacement for this or do I just get used to not having it? I haven't really found a herbal tea that I like yet either. Any suggestions for that would be great as well.

Replies

• ajwolters
    Options
    I'll be using up the last of my coffee tomorrow because I can't drink it without a half packet of Stevia in the Raw. I can tolerate green tea with no sweetener. Herbal teas like chamomile and peppermint are also good unsweetened.
  • bonnieellison96
    bonnieellison96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tried putting a little almond milk in my coffee with no sweetener, it wasn't sweet obviously, but tasted great! =)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Honestly, make yourself drink it plain for a bit and you'll get used to it. You'll even learn to love it. My husband thought he was going to die at first. Within 3 weeks, he was loving coffee again.
  • butcheress
    butcheress Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I will just pull up my big girl pants and learn to love plain old tea with no sweetener in ITT. Have lots of almond milk, will for sure give that a try as well as the green tea
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've always drank my green tea just like that, but if you want a bit more flavor look for pomegrant green tea! It is the best!
  • bnpunch24
    Options
    I order my teas from adagio.com. They have all varieties and really fun flavors that don't need to be sweetened. You can even create a custom blend or purchase other customers' customs.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee! There are several threads already on the topic here. I add just a tiny bit of coconut oil to my coffee, mix it in the blender and enjoy a smooth, creamy, frothy coffee every morning. The coconut oil helps keep me satiated and give energy. Some people use grass fed butter. Not sure if you're paleo or primal.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee! There are several threads already on the topic here. I add just a tiny bit of coconut oil to my coffee, mix it in the blender and enjoy a smooth, creamy, frothy coffee every morning. The coconut oil helps keep me satiated and give energy. Some people use grass fed butter. Not sure if you're paleo or primal.

Oh yes I start everyday out with a bulletproof, mine is a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of grass fed butter blended.
  • 33runnergirl
    33runnergirl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Honestly, make yourself drink it plain for a bit and you'll get used to it. You'll even learn to love it. My husband thought he was going to die at first. Within 3 weeks, he was loving coffee again.

I couldn't agree more, when I started I thought I would not be able to live without CoffeMate in my coffee. A few weeks ago I bought some as a "treat" and we ended up throwing it away. I love black coffee now.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i used to sweeten my tea, then decided to man up and drink all my teas unsweetened.

i've become used to it, and now sweet teas are overwhelming. all i can taste is the sugar, not the tea itself.

i love chai (green + black), orange pekoe, english breakfast, lady grey, regular green, matcha, peppermint + chamomile.

i even love matcha ice cream...soooo good.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I tried putting a little almond milk in my coffee with no sweetener, it wasn't sweet obviously, but tasted great! =)

Same :) I put almond milk in my coffee nowadays. going to try coconut milk as well.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk. Though for me, I have found I actually like the taste of black coffee and don't miss all the creamers and fake sugars I used to put in my coffee. I've never liked sweetened tea though. But try it plain, you might find that your tastes have changed
  • elosquirrel
    elosquirrel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thai Kitchen coconut milk. I was the same - couldn't live without my half and half and Splenda! Now I just do the coconut milk (sometimes just organic grass-fed heavy cream if you're not avoiding dairy). It took a while to get used to, but now I love my coffee without any sweetness to it. I'm still working on drinking it black though. ;) Gotta try the bulletproof method - I hear it's awesome. It will give me an excuse to use my new Ninja blender that I got for Christmas. :D
  • denisecromwell
    denisecromwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been making green tea and slicing up a tangerine and fresh mint leaves and putting it in the refrigerator to drink on throughout the day. You get the natural flavor of mint/tangerine without the added sweetener.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I'd recommend the cold-brew method if the reason you're adding sugar is because it's bitter.

I drink CB coffee completely black, it's incredibly complex and depending on the roast/blend I buy, often times rather sweet all on its own.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I use half and half and a splash of flavored creamer in my coffee - i've decided life is to short to cut that one little thing out of my life if it makes me happy in the morning...

During times I go strict I use coconut milk from a can to lighten up the coffee a little bit...I use the light coconut milk because it was stay liquid in the fridge during the week.

As for teas - I am in love with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice - it is a darker tea but caffine free and has a nice bite to it. It can also hold up if you want to add a little almond or coconut milk to it. I usually add a tiny bit of honey (if you can pay the $$ to buy honey local to your area - tons of good health benefits) too.

If you have a local tea shop by you swing in and talk to them - we have one that routinely sells sample packets of a lot of thier blends - so for $1/packet you can get 2 cups of tea - Mine also has some great fruit blends that aren't really tea - but you steep like tea and are yummy (even my kids will drink it)