New

Options
Hello everyone. I joined fitnesspal last year hoping to lose 10 pounds. I was on my way but a whirlwind of problems came blowing my way and I fell by the wayside. As a result I gained 10 pounds instead and now I am 20 pounds more than i want to be, I am suffering from depression and can't help myself when i am at my lowest and so I turn to food as a source of comfort. I need some help in getting me on task. I hope I can find some support in this group. We can count on each other and learn from each other. I hope to make some friends who understand me and who I can connect with, Thank you all-Latty

Replies

• Nighttimeninja
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I also struggle with emotional eating and depression. I eat when I'm bored, tired, upset... ect ect. I have been able to help myself by taking a good multivitamin, and melatonin with GABA, to regulate my mood swings and make sure I'm sleeping solidly. There are a lot of us out here we can all use support and encouragement. I have about 47 lbs to go to get to my goal weight so the fight is still on!!! Good luck!
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I too am around 150 (size 8/10) and want to be around 130 (size 6) pounds. I'm trying to think differently this time by focusing on eating healthier and getting stronger. So when those weeks happen where I don't lose weight, I don't give up. Even when I was 130 pounds, I wasn't very muscular at all. Just thinking like that helps me not feel depressed or bad about gaining the weight.

I'm using this as an opportunity and inspiration to gain strength this time!