How are you feeling today and where are you in the program?

Options
2»

Replies

• emartin87
    Options
    did day 4 level 1 today.. i'm still resting (i dont know why its so hard for me) I have a feeling its going to be an extremely long journey for me.. i can make it the first 10 minutes without resting but then i get light headed and chest hurting so i have to stop... :(
  • josiewhite14
    Options
    did day 4 level 1 today.. i'm still resting (i dont know why its so hard for me) I have a feeling its going to be an extremely long journey for me.. i can make it the first 10 minutes without resting but then i get light headed and chest hurting so i have to stop... :(

Just do what you can,I know she says to push yourself, but don't be too hard on yourself, it will get easier as the days go on
  • heck7030
    Options
    L1D4 and feeling pretty motivated and almost made it without any breaks. The last cardio gets me.

Have a great weekend!

On to day 5 tomorrow!!
  • fkmeimfamous
    fkmeimfamous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    D7, L2 just finished - finding it sooo tough. Trying to mix in some hot yoga with it.

Question - anyone figure whether it's better to use lighter weights and complete the move, or just power through with heavier weights? I'm using 5lb weights now and find that I get very tired easier, but can't figure if it's cuz I am just weak, or if I should be using lighter weights..
  • elnstanley23
    elnstanley23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    not feeling well the last couple days! i have this bad headache call Vertigo. im taking today off from exercise to rest. I've noticed after my first day level 2 of 30 day shred. i think its because i had to hold my head down alot. im feeling much better tonight.
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    D7, L2 just finished - finding it sooo tough. Trying to mix in some hot yoga with it.

Question - anyone figure whether it's better to use lighter weights and complete the move, or just power through with heavier weights? I'm using 5lb weights now and find that I get very tired easier, but can't figure if it's cuz I am just weak, or if I should be using lighter weights..

I personally think it's better to drop down a weight if it's too difficult. If you're straining arm muscles and then having to drop down on them to do plank, then you're going to be weak and at risk of injury. Better to build up strength slowly than rush into it.

I use different weights depending on the exercise too.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good.. I did 30DS in January and am running the tape back again for this month so I am on D4. I have been running the last 4 days so I made yesterday a rest day. I'm still using 4 lb weights - I have had killer results from this tape last year when I wasn't using weights. It's not cause you are weak - I think most of us here can lift more than 5 lbs but JM's workout places a constant contraction on your muscles