Are quest bars keto friendly?

Options
I'm looking at the nutrition info and they seem kinda perfect for a super busy person like myself. Do you guys have any experience with them? Does it knock you out of ketosis or anything like that :x?

Replies

• Athigailwilliams
    Options
    Quest bars are phenomenal. Actually fun fact: I think quest bars were made from to redditers from lose it or fitness or some sub reddit. It's made with stevia or erytherol which is good for low carb because they don't produce an impact insulin spike.

anyone feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect on anything!!
  • anagraphy
    anagraphy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Which are the best bang for the buck taste/carb-wise? I've been considering order some from amazon, but don't want to get one of the kinds that tastes like cardboard :D
  • doasyouwill
    Options
    Which are the best bang for the buck taste/carb-wise? I've been considering order some from amazon, but don't want to get one of the kinds that tastes like cardboard :D

I bought mine from amazon. They all kinda taste like cardboard tbh :)!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can buy individual bars to try? I don't want to commit to a whole box before I know if I like them.
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    You can order directly from their website and get a sampler box.
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=51
  • maremare312
    Options
    You can order directly from their website and get a sampler box.
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=51

Thanks!
  • AnneOnimous
    AnneOnimous Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you "like" them on facebook, they have a promo going to send you free ones to try right now.
  • FooFatFighters
    FooFatFighters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I believe if you use the coupon code 'SAMPLE' on the Quest website they'll do free shipping. Might even work for non-sample boxes.

The taste and texture improves 100% if you heat them for a few seconds in the microwave. Otherwise they're like eating a tough Tootsie-Roll bar. Make sure you don't have any loose fillings or crowns while eating them as they'll pull right out.

I reviewed a few on my MFP blog. Note that this is HIGHLY subjective as some that many folks love (the brownie bar) I'm kind of neutral on. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FooFatFighters
  • maremare312
    Options
    I just got my order (from iHerb because there were some other things I wanted to buy from them) and went with the Coconut Cashew flavor. I just had one and I loved it. Very chewy and dense, I agree with the Tootsie Roll comment but I happen to love chewing on those, so there ya go! :D I do have a tooth with a bad filling that needs a crown and I didn't chew on that side (even before I saw your comment, it just seemed dangerous!). The coconut didn't seem overpowering or fake.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just got my order (from iHerb because there were some other things I wanted to buy from them) and went with the Coconut Cashew flavor. I just had one and I loved it. Very chewy and dense, I agree with the Tootsie Roll comment but I happen to love chewing on those, so there ya go! :D I do have a tooth with a bad filling that needs a crown and I didn't chew on that side (even before I saw your comment, it just seemed dangerous!). The coconut didn't seem overpowering or fake.

Try to microwave it for 10 seconds and it will become soft like a brownie. :) Also tastes even better in my opinion!

My favorite has to be the peanut butter supreme, it tastes a lot like cookie dough to me.
  • ohkatherinewheel
    ohkatherinewheel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Quest Bars! I eat them any chance I can afford them. I heat mine in the microwave for 25 - 30 seconds (dental problems), and they become super soft and gooey like a big piece of cake. :) So wonderful!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Love the Quest bars. They've become my new lunch most days. I love how much protein and fiber they have in them. For some reason I always struggle with getting my Fiber in. I've been recently heating them up in the microwave, and adding a dab of whipped cream on top - like a dessert! I just ordered their newest flavor, chocolate chip cookie dough. I had success in using the SAMPLE code and got shipping for free. Should be here any day now.
  • fufuhead
    fufuhead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that many but Vanilla Almond Crunch is alright. They are quite dense and chewy though.

They are kind of expensive and I started making my own keto-friendly protein bars using this recipe: http://yourlighterside.com/2012/12/chewy-chocolate-fudge-peanut-butter-protein-bars/
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can buy individual bars to try? I don't want to commit to a whole box before I know if I like them.

GNC sells them
  • groovyaxe
    groovyaxe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GNC currently has a promotion on Quest bars (local store had buy 3 get one free) . If you want to try now is a good time.
  • jjjewels
    jjjewels Posts: 2
    Options
    New Quest Bar flavor Cookie Dough is AMAZING, fyi.
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with jjjewels. Most people on my FL who get Quest Bars love chocolate chip cookie dough, and while I was hooked on the vanilla almond for a while, the density and texture of the bars just works perfectly with a cookie dough flavor. I still need to order a box.
  • apparently_adrift
    Options
    The peanut butter jelly one is pretty great.