Biggest Struggle

Options
kjf1982
kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
What has everyone's biggest struggle been?

Mine is that I want instant gratification. I know I'm on the right path, the scale says so. But I want to SEE and feel results.

Replies

• wyera
    wyera Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is self-confidence when it comes to exercise. I'm fine with diet - but put me in the gym and I self-defeat before I even start.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    biggest struggle has been not seeing results. It sucks that I have worked hard and lost over 50 pounds, but can still wear the same clothes as before. (although I am in smaller stuff too). And that I am still morbidly obese and will be for a long time.
    I hate that the outside doesn't reflect the inside. I feel better. Why can't I look better.
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Even though I have only been on this journey of change for two weeks -- patience is and likely will continue to be my biggest struggle.

(As an aside -- I am new here -- and this is my first post! Feel a little apprehensive about the social aspects of this site -- making friends with strangers for something so deeply personal - but open to befriending a few similarly situated women for support and exchange of ideas)
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    biggest struggle has been not seeing results. It sucks that I have worked hard and lost over 50 pounds, but can still wear the same clothes as before. (although I am in smaller stuff too). And that I am still morbidly obese and will be for a long time.
    I hate that the outside doesn't reflect the inside. I feel better. Why can't I look better.

HUGS to you. I myself have fought some of this as well. You see those pics with other who've lost the same amount and they're down 10 or 12 sizes and some fit in one side of their old jeans but I'm only down a few sizes and though loose, the old stuff still fits.
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater. For me I eat when I get angry, like I take it out on the food. I find it very aggravating for me when I get mad and eat everything in sight because a little while afterwards I realize how long it is going to take to get it off.
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Even though I have only been on this journey of change for two weeks -- patience is and likely will continue to be my biggest struggle.

(As an aside -- I am new here -- and this is my first post! Feel a little apprehensive about the social aspects of this site -- making friends with strangers for something so deeply personal - but open to befriending a few similarly situated women for support and exchange of ideas)

I just sent you a friend request! I've found the people here to be super supportive and really help with motivation. :)
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle has been with changing how much in the amount I cook I used to cook like i was feeding 12 lol and pre planning to support my new lifeway
  • libertarian4321
    libertarian4321 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Or lack of it.

It's not easy to get into it when I haven't done it much in the last 20 years (when I was 170 lbs lighter).
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest struggle is making cooking healthy food and working out a part of my routine. I have such bad habits (eating out, being sedentary) very firmly in place and I'm working at breaking those bad habits. Its slow and I keep reminding myself to just focus on making better choices today only. I can worry about tomorrow when it gets here.
  • tallulahthunderbird
    Options
    My problems all spring from not having a very good real life support system. My husband is supportive, but he is also very skinny and is not trying to change his lifestyle like I am. My friends don't understand that I don't want to go out and eat a bunch of crappy food, or that I don't want to drink calorie laden drinks at karaoke.

I keep hearing "oh, you're beautiful how you are"...but you know, that was never in question. I KNOW that. However, beauty and health are not mutually exclusive.

So, it's just frustrating. Taking it one day at a time.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOdZ2-m1PYUwil7X8oFvJuXk1bN-z14tL03IznHFpy7KOjfdT7i-jRaTc
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is not losing my drive, motivation, momentum etc when I do not see the scale go down. The first time this happened was in my 3rd week. I was ok with it because I had eaten out 3 days that week. So I thought staying the same was great. Besides the following week I lost 8 pounds. But this being my 5th week and 100% on program, it happened again and I am feeling different about it. I also started strength training and had 2 sessions of 1/2 hour each and was 4016 calories below what MFP recommended as my coach gave me a new program. So I sit here a bit upset wondering- WHY no weight loss? I better see a huge weight loss next week.
  • Dianescraps
    Options
    Stress Eating.

It is definitely my biggest enemy