Eating More!!!

Options
tinalatina
tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
Hello Ladies....

So now that I am in the Lean Phase I am finding that Chalean Johnson was right about having to eat more! That has to be the Key to sustaining fuel for our bodies! I have never been hungrier! So far I have upped my calories to 1750 before exercise cals and I eat them all including my exercise calories which equals 2000!!!

How are all you ladies doing with your workouts and eating??

Replies

• cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies....

So now that I am in the Lean Phase I am finding that Chalean Johnson was right about having to eat more! That has to be the Key to sustaining fuel for our bodies! I have never been hungrier! So far I have upped my calories to 1750 before exercise cals and I eat them all including my exercise calories which equals 2000!!!

I know what you mean. Chalene mentions something about it during her workouts. We do need to eat more to fuel them. For some reason, I have been very hungry lately.

I don't know how tall you are, but I am short 4'11", so I was eating an average of 1600 a day. There were days when I exercised that I netted about 1300/1400 calories. Somehow, I lost the last pounds, but I got saggy. I decided to find my TDEE to start eating at maintainance and maybe even a little more on lifting days (to build muscles). I checked several websites and they all gave me about 1800 a day, which is pretty good for me. Now, I need to find ways to plan my meals focusing on my macros to optimize result.

It is all new to me and I am heading a new direction now. Making a few changes to see what happens.

I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Once I am finished with the first round of CLX, I think I will start a second one. I wish I had more time to do a CLX/P90X hybrid, but maybe in the summer.

Cristina
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories during ChaLean then went back down some but eating more on a lifting day. Now I've increased again for P90X. We'll see how it goes. I sure didn't gain during any of it!
  • cristeberga
    Options
    I upped my calories during ChaLean then went back down some but eating more on a lifting day. Now I've increased again for P90X. We'll see how it goes. I sure didn't gain during any of it!

You said you did not gain any weight during the time you upped your calories. Do you know if your body fat or measurements went down though?

I think that will be my focus from now on. I will be okay whether my weight stays the same or goes up a bit, as long as the BF is going down. :bigsmile:
  • tinalatina
    Options
    Hello Ladies....

I know what you mean. Chalene mentions something about it during her workouts. We do need to eat more to fuel them. For some reason, I have been very hungry lately.

I don't know how tall you are, but I am short 4'11", so I was eating an average of 1600 a day. There were days when I exercised that I netted about 1300/1400 calories. Somehow, I lost the last pounds, but I got saggy. I decided to find my TDEE to start eating at maintainance and maybe even a little more on lifting days (to build muscles). I checked several websites and they all gave me about 1800 a day, which is pretty good for me. Now, I need to find ways to plan my meals focusing on my macros to optimize result.

It is all new to me and I am heading a new direction now. Making a few changes to see what happens.

I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Once I am finished with the first round of CLX, I think I will start a second one. I wish I had more time to do a CLX/P90X hybrid, but maybe in the summer.

Cristina

Hey Cristina,

I am surprised that you were eating 1800 calories on only 4'11" Now im REALLY thinking im might not be eating enough! I am 5'7" and I used to do ther 1200 cals in the beginning then added more because I was starving! Then I added way more when I start CLX! So now it 1750 but im thinking maybe I should try higher?

I actually went OVER my cals last night but I didnt freaking care! And to my surprise this morning I didnt gain anything! So this could be the answer im needing!

I am also in need a good way to find out how to measure body fat. Can you please reccomend a good and economical way to get this? Thank you Christina....

Tina
  • cristeberga
    Options

Hey Cristina,

I am surprised that you were eating 1800 calories on only 4'11" Now im REALLY thinking im might not be eating enough! I am 5'7" and I used to do ther 1200 cals in the beginning then added more because I was starving! Then I added way more when I start CLX! So now it 1750 but im thinking maybe I should try higher?

I actually went OVER my cals last night but I didnt freaking care! And to my surprise this morning I didnt gain anything! So this could be the answer im needing!

I am also in need a good way to find out how to measure body fat. Can you please reccomend a good and economical way to get this? Thank you Christina....

Tina

Tina,

I bought a pair of calipers at GNC. They were cheap, about 20 dollars. You need to have someone do that for you, but there are sites and videos with descriptions and explanation on how to do it properly. I don't think my husband does it right, but it does give me an idea. So far, I have measured it 3 times and it seems to be going down. :bigsmile:

As far as calorie intake, I kind of got tired of adding the calories burned to my daily amount and decided to just go with TDEE. According to the websites, if I choose moderately active (I am a bit afraid of picking this one though), I should be eating 1800 to maintain/add muscles. I am going to give it a try and see what happens. You are almost one foot taller than me, so maybe you can go higher. Try checking your TDEE as well and cutting down about 15/20% depending on how much you still need to lose and how fast.

I can't wait to buy a FitBit so that I can truly see how many calories I burn in 24 hours.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We are in this together!! :happy:
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    Christina, yes I did lose a little BF and inches and that is what I'm focusing on now, and strength. I went down more in my jeans and shirt sizes. And I love seeing some muscle!! When I'm drying or flat ironing my hair I :heart: love seeing my shoulders & biceps.

Tina, I was eating 2000-2200 calories a day, I'm 5'7.5"
    You need to eat maintenance or above to build muscle, if you're in a deficit you will start burning muscle instead of fat or food calories.
  • cristeberga
    Options
    Christina, yes I did lose a little BF and inches and that is what I'm focusing on now, and strength. I went down more in my jeans and shirt sizes. And I love seeing some muscle!!

Awesome!! It is so nice to know that we do not need to starve ourselves. :drinker:

When I'm drying or flat ironing my hair I :heart: love seeing my shoulders & biceps.

Women!! I do that all the time, too. :bigsmile:
  • cristeberga
    Options

Tina, I was eating 2000-2200 calories a day, I'm 5'7.5"
    You need to eat maintenance or above to build muscle, if you're in a deficit you will start burning muscle instead of fat or food calories.

I agree! Try upping it slowly, or again, try finding out your TDEE.
  • tinalatina
    Options
    OKay Seriously I think I am NOT eating enough then! I am going to shoot above 2000 on my lifting days. Im just frustrated im gaining weight :(
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    The only time I see 'gains' is after too much sodium even though I drink a TON of water is when I'm lifting heavy and have DOMS. Once that releases, I'm fine. I have even taken a gentle diuretic during those times (meant for during TOM when you retain water).