Spartan Trifecta... Who has done it? Tell me about it...

Options
Runner_5
Runner_5 Posts: 100 Member
Please... Share.

This is my 2014 goal.

So - I'd like to hear about who has done all three in a calendar year.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Haven't yet, but that's my goal for next season...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I really want to do the Trfecta but there are no super races near me it seems! Only Sprint and Beast.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Honestly the hardest part of this is finding 3 races you can make it too. I wanted to do:

NY Sprint
    Toronto Beast
    NJ Super

But the NY Sprint is already 90% sold out....
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Honestly the hardest part of this is finding 3 races you can make it too. I wanted to do:

NY Sprint
    Toronto Beast
    NJ Super

But the NY Sprint is already 90% sold out....

YES! I can't wait!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I want to, but traveling is going to be tough for me.
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I will complete my Trifecta next June. I started with the Beast so I figure the other 2 will be easy in comparison. If you can find 3 races to go to, go for it. The Beast is just that - a Beast. Train for it or it will chew you up. The main thing is being mentally prepared to keep your body going.
  • kenhelms17720
    Options
    Keep in mind that the Trifecta has to be achieved in one CALENDAR year.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group and am resurrecting this thread... I'm contemplating the Trifecta in 2013. I'm already signed up for the sprint in March and there is a Beast near me in late September. The closest Super is a good drive or even a flight away, but could be done... but it's only 2 weeks before the Beast. I did the Super last fall and am also doing Tough Mudder in June 2013.

Looking for tips, training ideas and other crazy folk :bigsmile:
  • nhradeuce
    Options
    Just joined this group and am resurrecting this thread... I'm contemplating the Trifecta in 2013. I'm already signed up for the sprint in March and there is a Beast near me in late September. The closest Super is a good drive or even a flight away, but could be done... but it's only 2 weeks before the Beast. I did the Super last fall and am also doing Tough Mudder in June 2013.

Which Sprint are you doing in March? I am signed up for the Carolinas Sprint and Beast, but the Super is going to be the hard one to get. I'll probably do the mid-Atlantic, I don't see any others being close enough to get to without spending a bunch of $$$.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Which Sprint are you doing in March? I am signed up for the Carolinas Sprint and Beast, but the Super is going to be the hard one to get. I'll probably do the mid-Atlantic, I don't see any others being close enough to get to without spending a bunch of $$$.

I'm in Canada. I'll be doing the Sprint in Vancouver (about 4hrs drive away but all my family lives there), the Super in Red Deer ($300 flight but can stay with friends) and the Beast at Sun Peak Resort in Kamloops (about 3 hrs drive from me plus hotel).

I want to do it this year because they're all "close enough" and I don't know if and when they will be again.
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    They need more supers!! I can make a sprint, and a beast,, but not a super unless I did some serious traveling, which I can't do :(
  • nhradeuce
    Options
    I'm in Canada. I'll be doing the Sprint in Vancouver (about 4hrs drive away but all my family lives there), the Super in Red Deer ($300 flight but can stay with friends) and the Beast at Sun Peak Resort in Kamloops (about 3 hrs drive from me plus hotel).

I want to do it this year because they're all "close enough" and I don't know if and when they will be again.
    Dang, that's dedication! My Sprint and Beast are close, about an hour for the Beast and right down the road for the Sprint. The Super will be up to a 3 hour drive depending on which venue they put it at, so I have it easy compared to you.
    They need more supers!! I can make a sprint, and a beast,, but not a super unless I did some serious traveling, which I can't do :(
    No kidding, they need more Supers. That's really the hardest part of a Trifecta.
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    Agreed. Getting to a Super is really tough for me.
  • dogg76
    dogg76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First post to a group----
    I am doing the Spartan Trifecta.....Sprinr in IN, Super in IL and the beast in SC

Last year i stared running obstacle races and wound up competing in 4 of them. It is the motivation that I use to keep losing weight!

Any replies, chats, whatever are appreciated
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the Trifecta has to be achieved in one CALENDAR year.

This is no longer true for 2013. The Spartan Race year is from Vermont Beast to Vermont Beast (In September)

I got my trifecta in 2012 and I am shooting for 3 trifectas this year because I won a season pass for US races. I'll also be buying a Canada East pass and racing in Ottawa, MTL and Toronto.

DSC_9584_zps2160eed0.jpg
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I think I'm going to try a little harder for a Trifecta...I just read that now with Reebok's sponsorship of the Spartan Race, they are doing a race in Sparta, Greece for anyone who does a Trifecta. The article was fuzzy, and I'm not sure if that means they just give you your entry fee, or if they actually get you to Greece (doubtful) but how cool would that be!?
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Last year i did the Spartan race (UK) this year i want to aim for the trifecta, How much of a step up is the sprint to the 2nd level honestly?
  • nhradeuce
    Options
    2 down one to go. Completed the Sprint a couple of weeks ago, now I just have to do the Super in Virginia. Race is in August instead of June so I have to wait a little longer, but it will be worth it. After the Beast, the Sprint was almost easy. Well, maybe not easy, but it wasn't as daunting.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    2 down one to go. Completed the Sprint a couple of weeks ago, now I just have to do the Super in Virginia. Race is in August instead of June so I have to wait a little longer, but it will be worth it. After the Beast, the Sprint was almost easy. Well, maybe not easy, but it wasn't as daunting.

so how much of a step up or step down in your case is the sprint to the beast?
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The Beast is like a half marathon compared to a Sprint that's a 5k. Both hard if you push yourself to go as fast as you can. But depending on the location the Beast is a lot of mountain and a lot of pain.