Body Fat %

Options
tinalatina
tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
Hello Ladies....

Well I am narrowing down to my last week of Lean. Im on week 3 Day 3 now and...... Im up 3 lbs! The frustration is really starting to bare down on my self confidence and even more so when I attempted to take my body fat percentage.

I decided that SINCE I wasnt losing that I was going to take my measurements and see what my body fat % was.

I used a body fat calucator app on my ipad, the uses your measurements to calculate it.

Turns out I am 25 % body fat in the "acceptable" range. Which is one below "Obese" Seriously????!!!!!! This cant be!!

As you can imagine I am not happy about that rating. But even more so it does help the fact that I am already insecure about my progress. I mean I have 1 1/2 more weeks and I dont think im going to miraculously lose 5 lbs and 5 % body fat! Hahah I laugh just thinking about that possibility. Lets be real here...

So I wanted to ask you all, my closest fitness companions, have you measured your body fat and what percentage is everyone at?
Am I over reacting? Or could that range just be off alittle?

I am thinking of seeing a trainer at my gym to talk to someone about measuring my body fat professionally just so I can see what kind of difference im looking at.

Sorry If this post sounds like im whining.....

Replies

• cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey Tina,

First of all, did you measure your body fat BEFORE you started CLX? Who knows? Maybe you had more BF and dropped down to 25%. Also, I do not trust the websites to be accurate. They may be close, but I would go to your gym and have a professional trainer measure it for you. In fact, I am dying to have one done for me. I don't think my husband does it correctly. :laugh:

According to my measurements, I may be close to 18%, but again, my husband did it and I am not sure if he is doing it correctly. However, the 3 times I had the measurements taken, I went from 23% to 20% and now 18%, but God only knows if it is accurate. I am happy because although I am not sure if the numbers are right, I know they are going down somehow.

Twenty-five percent body fat is not bad at all and the weight may have to do with water retention (used by the body to repair muscles). How do your clothes fit you? You may be getting smaller as well.

Do not give up! We can do it!! You look gorgeous in your black dress.

This is the place for us to talk about our frustrations. Don't worry about it. You WILL be fine!

Cristina
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Agree with a lot that Cristina said. If you are going to use an online calculator, however, then use one like on scoobysworkshop or the military calculator or gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html
    According to my scale and the little calipers and BF% chart that came with my ChaLean I'm @ 20%.
    It's still a serious work in progress because I still see the belly fat that I want to lose.

Don't be frustrated just keep moving forward and building muscle and you'll keep losing the BF%.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    So now I'm really depressed..... Just did my measurement Based on the military site and it was 31%. Then did e gym tool and It Los confirmed 31%-29%. Omg!!!! Even worse than I thought!!!

Really trying not to. Be upset but now I just feel like a failure. :(

I hope I wake up tomorrow more motivated than ever to beat this and get better.

Thanks for all your help girls I really do appreciate your advise, I am just in a rutt right now and it's just a big reality check for me. Need t stop slacking!

G night
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Looking @ your picture I'm not sure how you can be 30% BF!
    Take Cristina's advice and find someplace that will measure it for you accurately.(gym, doctor's office, whatever)
    Don't get depressed, it's all a work in progress, work for the long term.

A lot of what I have read isn't even about the workouts (yes, more muscle is going to help) but more about cleaning up your eating. Maybe try to focus on that some more too.
    Chin up, you'll get there!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A lot of what I have read isn't even about the workouts (yes, more muscle is going to help) but more about cleaning up your eating. Maybe try to focus on that some more too.
    Chin up, you'll get there!

I agree. Chin up, girl!! We are in this together and we will get there. :wink: