Metformin for diabetes!

Options
tracygolden
tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
I started on this l ast week....then was to increase to twice per day this week. Now Im having some issues. Anybody else out there on in with some side effects?

Replies

• Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it gives me a tummy ache when I take it with my breakfast, so my doctor changed mine to extended tabs and I take it in the evening without any problems.If that makes any sense.
  • tracygolden
    Options
    I need to check that out cause I don't know if its the extended tabs or not. I am suppose to take two per day but maybe if it were the extended tabs ?????????????? thanks , you HAVE been helpful
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    They really upset my stomache if I take them during the day. I take mine at night between dinner and bedtime and have no problems.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it gave me the worst diarrhea ever. i lost 30 pounds but i couldn't leave the house. please tell your doctor that you want the extended release tablets. muuuuch beeetter! i've been taking it now for 15 years.

also, try taking it with food. if that doesn't help, take it without food. look at their web site to see if they have any 'hints'.

really, really keep trying. this is by far the best medication with the least amount of side effects for diabetics, so it's almost always the first one prescribed.
  • tracygolden
    Options
    Thank u all so much. To nashsheri33..... I probably shouldn't have left my house and I too think I would loose that much if I continued because I lost everything I ate so I didn't wanta eat....
    I did call my doc and he put me on the extended tabs. So far so good! I still have dizziness but can deal with that. Thanks for the suggestions of when, how, and what to take!
  • tracygolden
    Options
    My doc did put me on the extended release and it is so much better. Thanks for all that suggested. Now I have another question.....when I eat right , my numbers are great.....so great that I feel light headed and weak. Im wondering if I can cut back to just one pill a day. I know I can't do anything without asking my doc but wanted to ask u all what your thoughts were. I don't see my doc again till the end of Feb but can call them sooner if need be.

???????????????????????