WaCkY wEeKeNd ChAlLeNgE!!!

Options
Hey all!! I apologize for the lack of challenges this week - I've been challenged all week cleaning up puke! Ha!

Let's mix it up this weekend! Use today to plan and then on Saturday and Sunday do something you've never done before! Go to a spin class, try out Zumba, go for a run, do some crab walks...etc... Think about it and tell us what you're going to be doing. It's always good to mix it up!

For me, I am going to go to all fruits and veggies - no meat! This is crazy b/c I live in the Midwest and we LOVE our beef!! :-) I'm going to take some time and look at the gym schedule and pick a class I've never tried!! Can't wait!!

Replies

• Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    im supposed to be playing racquetball on saturday. never played that before.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    mine is spread over these next 2 weekends this weekend im getting the rest of my outdoors running clothing and next weekend im starting a walk to run program that ends the day of my 1st 5k of the year!
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well today is no problem as far as planning goes! Saturday we have NERO at the lake which will be 6 hours of running around, mock fighting--what a work out! And then Sunday I will see if there is something I want to do that I have never tried before as far as exercise goes!! Cant wait!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Maybe if the snow is still around and deep enough I will take my son sledding. I've never dragged a sled WITH kid up the hill over and over and over and over.......
  • katrin25
    Options
    I'll be hiking with my daughter. I'm not new to hiking, actually I used to be an avid hiker before I injured my knee. I actually got injured when I was hiking in the Verdugo Hills : (
    Now that I'm feeling much better (knock on wood : )) I'll be doing a lot more hiking.
  • ladams562
    ladams562 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am going to try a Pilates class Saturday morning! That will fit nicely with this challenge. I haven't done pilates before and I haven't done an actual class in years.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I tried two different classes last week LULUMON store yoga (a little too crowded n environment not the best but bootcamp (was lots of fun,,,last Friday). Bootcamp was so much FUN. Hoping my friend joins me for barre or pilates class. This will be a great opportunity. It may not work right on Saturday or Sunday but I can certainly fit into my Monday schedule. Better late than never!
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    im supposed to be playing racquetball on saturday. never played that before.

I would LOVE to try that!!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am going to try the Expresso bike at the gym (if it is working :noway: ) and sync it up on MFP.
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow (Saturday) the temp around here should be not freezing, so I'm going to do something I've never done before: go jogging in the cold... voluntarily. Lol. That's in addition to my usual workout. Also, I recently started some basic weight training this week. SoI'll be doing my 2nd full go of that on Sunday. It's definitely a good idea to shake up your routine:) I've been loving your challenges so far.
  • zoeygl
    zoeygl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay - crazy as it seems - I am not going to participate in a food fest at work today (Saturday).... I am eating my salad and being good:love:
    Which is a first for me in a long time!
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Been doing homework most of the day and fighting a head cold, so I ended up on the treadmill at 3.5% incline at 3.8 mph for 3.0 miles and then hard core abs. Kind of boring...but happy I increased the incline and I got a decent workout in today. Will try something different tomorrow. :)P
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Created a home workout during the biggest loser 4 hours tonight. During the show I did weight training, squats, push-ups, lunges etc...During the commercials I went on the elliptical . Sweaty, but very motivating . I've never done a class t the gym, but I'm going to check the schedule and we'll see.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My first time doing yoga! The instructor explained each move, but I still felt like I didn't know what I was doing on some of the poses. Oh well, thanks for the challenge to try something new. :tongue: