Favorite Recipes

Options
KBomar2
KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
I've only made the turkey meatballs and I really like them. They make for an easy lunch. What else has anyone made and how do you like it?

Replies

• martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The cinnamon swirl protein bread tastes like French Toast. Yummy!
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lemon protein bars and choc protein bars, also made the 3 bean turkey chili it is sooo good :)
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I made the "Turkey muffins" and initially I thought they were okay but today I just was NOT feeling it. I'm not a big fan of turkey as it is so I'm sure that's mostly it. I think I am going to try a lean beef next time. I don't eat a lot of red meat so it shoudln't be a big deal!

The lemon bars are good though and I think I'm going to try to make the pumpkin ones this weekend!
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the turkey muffins, pumpkin protein bars, and 3 bean turkey chili! I'm going to make the cinnamon swirl protein bread this weekend!!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate and carrot cake protein bars. Last time I ground my own oat flour in my food processor and I liked them better, they were more oat-y with some bigger pieces :)
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    I'm making the monster meatloaf and 3 bean turkey chili today. I made the chocolate bars (not a fan), pumpkin bars (loved it), and turkey meatloaf muffins (loved it).
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I pretty much try to cook for a few days in advance. I make the turkey burgers (i grind up spinach instead of zucchini), grilled chicken and baked salmon or other fish. We bake sweet or white potatoes, rice noodles and/or rice. This way it's quick grab and go stuff.
    My husband loves his daily "big salad" and a can of progresso soup. Not apart of the plan but it's easy and low fat/low sodium and easy to transport.I have not made her protein bars. they just don't look appealing. So instead i buy larabars.

other foods include turkey chili, sweet potato & black bean chili, lentil mix (lentils, sauted mix veg and brown or jasmine rice).

I also make a big pot of irish oats each week.

I explore a lot of eat clean sites. I get bored with food pretty quickly so i have to mix it up.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I made the pumpkin protein bars today and they are pretty good and it makes so many!
  • kaci_g
    kaci_g Posts: 4
    Options
    I made the chocolate protein bars, carrot cake protein bars, and the turkey muffins. I have also been making crockpot chicken soup: two chicken breasts, 2 cans of low sodium fat free chicken broth, 2 can of water, pepper, red pepper, 2 chicken bullion low sodium, half a cabbage, 2 celery stalks, 1/2 onion, cut carrots, and chopped squash. It makes 6 servings! Limes and cilantro on the side and a a Tbsp of 0% Fage greek yogurt on top and a slice of avocado (optional).
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    Yum! That sounds so good right now.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I made a Crock pot 3 bean turkey chili and it is so good!

1lb lean turkey
    1 small onion chopped
    1 can black beans (drained)
    1 can kindey beans (drained)
    1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (drained)
    28 oz can diced tomatoes (NOT drained)
    8 oz tomato sauce
    4 oz can diced green chilies
    2 TBS chili powder

cook onions and turkey in pan until turkey isn't pink, combine all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours!

I had 1/4 cup 2% cheese and 1 TBS sour cream and it was SO good!!! I was really worried about the chili being bland but it REALLY isn't!

I think I may add some avacado too! :o]
  • kkauz42
    Options
    So I SWEAR I saw someone post a recipe for protein pudding but now I can't find it! I could be completely delusional but if you did post it can you help me find where it's at lol! Or if anyone has a recipe could you share it?