Bacon, Egg, Cheese Biscuits (130 Cal Ea.)

Options
mllst18
mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
210adjt.jpg

Fast, easy, delicious, and most importantly HEALTHY! Found it on pinterest! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 slices center cut bacon (I used Oscar Meyer Center Cut)
3 large eggs
3 T skim milk
Salt & black pepper, to taste
1 can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough (10 biscuits, 7.5 oz - I used my store brand)
1/3 c reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray
2. Place the raw bacon in a large skillet and cook for 7-9 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet and let dry on paper towels. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk together until thoroughly blended.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll each biscuit into a larger flat circle and place into a cup in the prepared muffin tin. Using your fingers, press the dough into the bottom of each cup and up the sides. Divide the cheese evenly between each cup and then split the egg mixture between each cup as well. Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of each cup and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and eggs are set.

Replies

• Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    those look amazing!!!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Now there's a recipe even I can do! Thanks.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump...looks yummy!
  • Kayleylou89
    Options
    Bump! Nom noms! :) xx
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    "Biscuit Dough" ?
    What exactly is that? Sorry for my daftness. This being an international forum, it could mean several things...
    Is it soda biscuits, pastry...
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am going to the store to get what I need to make these for tomorrow! THEY LOOKS SO GOOD!!
  • mllst18
    Options
    "Biscuit Dough" ?
    What exactly is that? Sorry for my daftness. This being an international forum, it could mean several things...
    Is it soda biscuits, pastry...

It's pop can biscuits you buy in a tube in the refridgerated section of the grocery store...usually near the eggs
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump. Will try these this weekend.
  • mllst18
    Options
    Thanks guys! They can be even fewer calories, depending on what kind of biscuits you use! Let me know how ya'll make out!

Here is my pinterest, if you want to "follow me" http://pinterest.com/tuc30464/

Love that site!
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try to make these later!
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OMG, these look so YUMMY... BUMP BUMP BUMP
  • mllst18
    Options
    Haha! Thanks guys :-) I'm going to try these with crumbled breakfast sausage, too. Also, instead of going thru the hassel of frying bacon, I used the hormel real bacon bits. Saves time!
  • michelamar10
    Options
    :love: I will be making these tomorrow
  • kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can also do a meatless version and replace it with spinach or green peppers and onions.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    210adjt.jpg

Fast, easy, delicious, and most importantly HEALTHY! Found it on pinterest! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
    4 slices center cut bacon (I used Oscar Meyer Center Cut)
    3 large eggs
    3 T skim milk
    Salt & black pepper, to taste
    1 can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough (10 biscuits, 7.5 oz - I used my store brand)
    1/3 c reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar

Directions:
    1. Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray
    2. Place the raw bacon in a large skillet and cook for 7-9 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet and let dry on paper towels. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
    3. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk together until thoroughly blended.
    4. Using a rolling pin, roll each biscuit into a larger flat circle and place into a cup in the prepared muffin tin. Using your fingers, press the dough into the bottom of each cup and up the sides. Divide the cheese evenly between each cup and then split the egg mixture between each cup as well. Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of each cup and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and eggs are set.
  • shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks
  • Joleen_J2004
    Joleen_J2004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow this looks delicious and so versatile! I can't wait to try it!
  • Lauren518s
    Options
    bump yummy
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    We make something similar....

100 - sandwich round (multi grain)
    30 - southwest eggbeaters
    50 - 2% milk deluxe American cheese slice
    50 - 2 slices turkey bacon
    230 calories

we make a bunch of these, freeze them and heat them up for breakfast at work! :flowerforyou: