Name Thread! Let's hear them!

Options

Replies

• jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Girl name is Valentine. Boy can't decide between Merritt, Franklin, and Adler.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    We've been set on a girl's name since the middle of the first trimester but it took forever to think of a boy's name (at first we didn't want to know what we were having). Well, we changed our minds and know we're having a girl, and the name we chose is Makayla Renee.

ETA: After we chose the name (it's one that just stuck with me once I put the two together), we found that Makayla (feminine variation of Michael) means "who is like God?" and Renee in it's latin origin means "born again". Such an awesome combination! :smile:

Well, St. Michael is kind of a badass... I mean, as far as saints go :smile:

ETA the link for St. Michael, if you're interested: http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=308
    We know what you mean; my husband and I both being military, it's fitting seeing as how Michael is the patron saint of soldiers :smile:
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Currently waiting on our first son, Jensen Scott. He'll have the same initials/middle name of his father and late grandfather. Like my daughter, I heard of the name because of a tv show hahaha. We have a two year old girl named Anya Elizabeth. :)
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    if I have a girl I'd like a T name to go with Toni and Tia... I quite like Tate but still pondering...

I'm also finding myself drawn to nature names: Autumn, Aspen, Brook, Beck, Sky...

Is it just me, or is it so much fun deciding??
  • CoyaCoya1913
    Options
    Too early to know what we're having yet (I'm only 5 wks) - but I've started early! It took me a short time for the girl's name, but a long while to choose the boys.

For a girl, Leila Marie (or Leila Alexis), or Olivia Marie.
    For a boy, Christopher Jeremiah or Julian Miles.

He/she will be joining Xavier Charles.

So, I shared these names with my DH, and he shot down all except Julian and Olivia. He didn't like Marie or Miles, though. *Sigh* Point in why I started early...... :grumble:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Too early to know what we're having yet (I'm only 5 wks) - but I've started early! It took me a short time for the girl's name, but a long while to choose the boys.

For a girl, Leila Marie (or Leila Alexis), or Olivia Marie.
    For a boy, Christopher Jeremiah or Julian Miles.

He/she will be joining Xavier Charles.

So, I shared these names with my DH, and he shot down all except Julian and Olivia. He didn't like Marie or Miles, though. *Sigh* Point in why I started early...... :grumble:

We had a girl name picked out early, but it took us until month 7 or so to settle on a boy's name. My husband was SO picky but he had absolutely no suggestions whatsoever...
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Our minds keep changing but right nowwe are liking Kinley Jade for a girl and Jenner Jade for a boy!

I love Delaney aswell!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    We haven't even started and I'm 25 weeks tomorrow! We're having a third girl, though, and we've had much more ease picking girls' names than boys' in the past, so we're hoping it'll be easy-ish this time around too! This baby will be joining Caroline Hope, Laena Faith, and Elliott David. We might go on with the theme of virtues for her middle name, but aren't stuck on it yet. It's stressful to pick names! And we never share them with anyone until the baby is born so people can't argue. :laugh:
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Pregnant with my first & his name will be Logan Alexander
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I love the name Logan.
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We're not sure if we're having a boy or girl yet but we have decided on Emilee Jade and Colton Ray.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Alara Sophia :)
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I love the name Logan.

Thank you! I've known for years I wanted to name my son that if I had one :)
  • speshell4
    Options
    I gave in and let my husband find out the sex of the baby!!! we found out last week we are having our thrid boy. We are so excited.
    we are naming him Jonah. We do not have a middle name yet. we are thinking Jonah Kia or Lonah London.
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    DH and I have had Aurora Frances picked out for a while now if we have a girl. Boys names are a little tricky as DH and I have quite different tastes. I like Arthur, Albert, Jasper, Oliver, Flynn, Alexander and then some more unusual ones like Henning. DH perhaps likes Arthur and Alexander, and he doens't mind Isaac, which is a nice name but not qutie sure it's what I want.

Will be watching this thread with interest!

Oh I love those boy choices!!!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    We're expecting a baby boy, Alonzo William.
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    DS1 - Cameron Jeffrey
    DS2 - Everett Gregory
    This babe is a girl and we're going with Corrine De
  • desbefit
    Options
    We're thinking Simon or Jack if we have a boy. If we have a girl she will be named after my mother Eva. (Think Eva as in Eva Longoria not Ava)
  • kmburns3
    kmburns3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If we have a girl it will be be Arabella JoAnne, Boy will be Donald Ralph IV
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Arabella is so pretty! Love it!