What moment was the final straw?

Options

Replies

• Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I looked at myself in the mirror from behind one day after getting dressed and realized that I looked like the Michelin Man from behind! Rolls all over the place (made worse by a bra that was too tight). I invested in some Spanx and then got to work. I'm 27 lbs down so far - 50 to go! My ultimate goal is to get down to 140/135 and to get rid of the Spanx!
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    First off I love you ladies<3 my breaking point was being disgusted in my own clothes..I just started my weight loss journey a little less than a week ago and even though I still don't like what I see in the mirror(obviously its only been a week) it feels great to accomplish a day eating healthy and especially after my work outs, each day counts to a new you!!
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    First off I love you ladies<3 my breaking point was being disgusted in my own clothes..I just started my weight loss journey a little less than a week ago and even though I still don't like what I see in the mirror(obviously its only been a week) it feels great to accomplish a day eating healthy and especially after my work outs, each day counts to a new you!!

I can totally relate. I looked at my clothes & I reach for large t-shirts, basketball shorts, big dresses, the works. I went to visit my grandma in Antigua over the summer and took a pic of me on the way out for church. I looked at my belly and was shocked to see how m=far it stuck out & I was sucking it in. From that day, I said no more. I want to be healthy again & back to my high school shape. (If not smaller)
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amennn to that lol I can't wait to be able to wear cute clothes again without feeling like I shouldn't be wearing them: )

I can totally relate. I looked at my clothes & I reach for large t-shirts, basketball shorts, big dresses, the works. I went to visit my grandma in Antigua over the summer and took a pic of me on the way out for church. I looked at my belly and was shocked to see how m=far it stuck out & I was sucking it in. From that day, I said no more. I want to be healthy again & back to my high school shape. (If not smaller)
  • CourtneyGetsFit_
    Options
    I'm sick of wearing plus size clothes and I want to get rid of my thunder thighs and arm fat.
  • Tasha520
    Options
    My final straw was the day I went to the doctor and was told I weighed 285 lbs. At that moment I was done. I am tired of being in pain everyday just from walking. I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.

1532922.png
  • MrsTre
    MrsTre Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I saw the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" it was a huge eye opener for me (for the millionth time). But for some reason, this time was different. Things HAD to change.
  • nubian218
    nubian218 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The final straw for me was when my clothes became uncomfortable and i could not bend to polish my toes or strap my cute sandals, but like the other ladies i saw pictures of my self and i looked a hot mess!
  • Deebx
    Deebx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I realized that fat can kill you! I felt panicked to start caring for my body. It isn't easy, but each day I eat clean I feel more love for my family and myself. God is good!
  • MissQ85
    Options
    My moment was when I could feel my "back fat rolls". I was tired of looking at my stomach and rolls and knew that enough was enough. I just turned 28 on the 10th of January and i'm just DONE WITH THE EXCUSES!
  • Shanellz
    Options
    My moment was looking at pictures of myself. For some reason looking at yourself in the mirror and on a picture or two different images for me at least. I'm graduating next year and I want to look my best for that day.
  • coffeenocream
    Options
    This is something I always wanted to do. I've lost weight before, in a very unhealthy way. I finally want to accomplish fitness and health. I keep looking at my body and say "Common you can do better than this!"
  • brownmara
    brownmara Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My final straw was the pain in my knees. I went on a cruise in Dec. 2012 and I had to wear knee braces on both knees just to walk around the ship. 7 days of watching my Mom worry about me and my health. I vowed to walk everyday before breakfast while on the ship. When I got home I struggled to find a health routine. My healthy routine is coming along!
  • Dissirama
    Dissirama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feeling myself "jiggle" on the subway! :)
  • You know that little bit of flabby fat from the back of your arm that hangs over your elbow when your arm is straight?.. well that was my moment!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the moment where you were like "that's it, I've had enough!" For me, I can say that losing weight was something that I've always wanted to do for myself(since high school) and finally I decided that I would stick this out to the end and accomplish all my goals. I'm 5'6 1/2 and I started to lose weight June 2012(I was 179 pounds) and now I'm about 1/2 there to reaching my final goal(I am currently 150/151). I want to get to 120 by April/May of 2013. That will be a 60 pound loss, when I am done.

So what was everyone's final straw? Or was it a bunch of moments?
    [/qMMy

My moment of truth came to me when I was flying and I could not buckle the seat belt . It was so embarrassing for me to ask the flight attendant for an extension.I recently flew and I was so pleased to hear the click of the seatbeat without using the extender. Even had extra space to tighten it a bit. That was one of my greatest NSV.
  • sundy2603
    sundy2603 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The first time i realized I need to lose weight was when I walk up one flight of steps and I could not breath. I was quickly approach 275 and I was disgusted. I decided to visit to a weight loss doctor and he told me I was over weight by 80 lbs. I am ready to shed this weight and be healthy again.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When I realized I only weighed about 10 lbs less than my husband!!!
  • Aquamarine317
    Aquamarine317 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know I have done this a thousand times, but to go into Lane Bryant and spend a tank of gas on one bra & a pair of panties. Filled my tank up today for $56.76! Enough is enough!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I realized I only weighed about 10 lbs less than my husband!!!

It came when I realized I was about 10 lbs. MORE than my husband - - (he's 5'11 and I'm 5'6) - - sooooo depressing!!!