Hungry?

Options
rlb8788
rlb8788 Posts: 22 Member
Hey everyone!

So I started Shred on Monday and was wondering if anyone felt hungry? I follow the plan to the T, but I'm finding myself getting hungry, especially between snack 2 and meal 3 (following guides: 1pm- 3:30pm).

Anyone on week two notice if it gets any easier?

Replies

• Mandy_SD
    Mandy_SD Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of week 1 and I too struggle a little with being hungry. I notice I'm most hungry between meals 3 & 4 but a snack usually does the trick.
  • sorkat
    sorkat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ~ I am on Week 2 Day 4 and have not found myself getting hungry. I will say that I have been giving myself a snack between Meals 3 & 4...maybe that is why. I ended up eating 4 snacks a day during Week 1 :-) Good Luck!
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    I seem to get growling pains a lot when I go to bed and wake up starving! My husband said that maybe it's because I am not drinking enough water but for me it is a lot less food than I am used to and this week is a detox week for me so it's been extra tough. I want to eat everything, but I am not. I am being perfect! Otherwise, I will never know what could have been.
  • cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi rlb8788!
    I'm on W2D5. I'm definitely feeling less hungry than I did last week. I've ended up skipping atleast one snack each day this week.
    What kind of snacks are you eating? Alot of times we mistake thirst for hunger. Maybe try drinking more water & eating snacks that are higher in protein.

Also, congrats to you Michele! I imagine it takes alot of willpower on week 3. Keep up the great work!!
  • rlb8788
    Options
    I have been drinking lots of water, but my snacks are consisting of nuts, fruit, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, and string cheese. I am trying to keep it as clean as possible, so nothing I have been eating has been really heavy or processed.
  • cristieg
    Options
    Hmm... Those are all really good choices. Here are some things that I snacked on last week & this week that helped curb my appetite:

Popcorn
    Rice cakes - caramel corn flavor, 50 cal each.
    Baby carrots
    Celery
    Honeycrisp apples
    Small banana w/ cinnamon & 1 tsp honey
    Cottage cheese w/ cayenne pepper
    Whole grain melba toast
    Steamed edamame
    Nonfat greek yogurt w/ sliced strawberries & cinnamon

Keep on pushing through, hopefully it will pass!
  • cristieg
    Options
    P.S. Congrats on the 70lbs lost. That is AMAZING!!!!!
  • rlb8788
    Options
    Thanks! I've been on this awful plateau and hoping Shred will help. I'm on W1D5 and I can already feel a difference. I will definitely try some of those snacks. Thanks for your support and input :)
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Also, congrats to you Michele! I imagine it takes alot of willpower on week 3. Keep up the great work!!

Thank you Cristieg for your encouragement! Week three of this is the most difficult thing I have ever followed in my life.
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    I'm also heading into week three, and it is not easy. I just have a few pounds to go and than I can start to hold it steady. I like those snack ideas....thank you.