Starting Monday 1/21/13

Options
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this group/diet plan and I'm planning to start week 1 on Monday morning along with my boyfriend. Anyone have any tips or advice? I hope that this diet can serve as a jump start to my long road ahead - I have about 80lbs to lose. Here goes nothing!!

Replies

• michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Nothing has ever made me drop weight so fast. I really like the diet! Just having trouble with the end of week 3. If you have any specific questions, let me know. Number one advice is be prepared in advance. Preparation is key. Having everything you need at all times. Make it fun! Don't keep having the same shakes and soups. You will get bored! Good Luck!
  • amtornberg
    Options
    Thanks, Michele! Looks like you're doing great :) Can't wait to be right there with you in a few more weeks...
  • masrite
    masrite Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, too. Need to wake up early and get my act together. Tried doing it this evening, but life got in the way and then bam, it was time for bed. Hoping this one works for me. Good luck amtornberg and keep at it Michele!!
  • sherijckh
    Options
    My husband and I started week 2 yesterday. We both thought the first week wasn't too bad! We weren't really hungry, it was sometimes hard to eat all the meals and snacks. Which is good! I agree, preparation is SOOOO important. We even made ourselves a calendar in Word of the week with all the meals and snacks. So we only have to look at it to see what we should eat and when. Read some of the others on this board, they have some ideas to make vegetables more interesting.

good luck!!
  • sbwdogz3
    Options
    I am waiting for my book to arrive, cant wait! I am new to the group as well....wondering how the diet is working for you guys...is it easy to follow? I am really excited to start....just need motivation to keep going.
  • sbwdogz3
    Options
    wow, Michele73, it seems to be working great for you! I'm waiting for my book...a little nervous to start, I always start off with a good mindset but it usually slows down...your results so far just might be what i need to push through! How was week one, did you lose and was it "easy"?
  • pishicat
    pishicat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow, Michele73, it seems to be working great for you! I'm waiting for my book...a little nervous to start, I always start off with a good mindset but it usually slows down...your results so far just might be what i need to push through! How was week one, did you lose and was it "easy"?

I started yesterday..definitely requires ALOT of planning. spent almost 2 hours at the grocery store with the book open on my shopping cart to buy the ingredients. :)
  • sbwdogz3
    Options
    did you go by the list that was in the book...i saw someone posted it on here
  • jkcathey
    jkcathey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you just starting/about to start!

I like this plan. Seems doable and meant to be either short term or as long as you need it. I like that flexibility! And you know you are eating clean and healthy so you are setting good habits!

Jen
  • amtornberg
    Options
    I agree that planning is key. My boyfriend and I sat down with the book for a few hours on Sunday, planned out the entire week, and then went shopping. Spent $280 on tons of HEALTHY foods for the two of us for the week!! I have my entire week in a word document so all I have to do is follow the day and make sure I eat on time.

I'm on Day 2, doing this plus Power 90. So far so good!!
  • cristieg
    cristieg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've never done Power 90, but I have P90x and it is tough! My favorite is the supplemental Cardio X workout. Tony is a beast!!!

Another word of advice is to drink LOTS of water! It has really helped me to figure out that my body is telling me that I am thirsty, not hungry.

I also set up reminders on my phone to alert me when it's time to eat. I'm one of those people that can skip meals and then I'll gorge myself at night time. I tend to get wrapped up in my work and completely forget to eat. It has helped me tremendously.
  • pishicat
    Options
    I started on Monday just like you.! Day 2 was good, except i forgot to take bread to work ...Meal one says 1 piece of wheat bread...i skipped that.
  • amtornberg
    Options
    I felt weird having a slice of bread PLUS a bowl of cereal on a diet anyway. You didn't miss much!! Today I made myself pancakes and bacon for breakfast (is this a diet?!) and it was a wonderful treat. Still getting used to these smoothies. I definitely prefer to eat my food rather than drink it, so those meals are tough. But I'm hanging in there!!

Finished Day 3 of Power 90 also... second round of Sculpt. I've been just the right amount of sore. I liked the Cardio video - it was very similar to the Cardio X from P90X, just not quite as intense.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • pishicat
    Options
    I felt weird having a slice of bread PLUS a bowl of cereal on a diet anyway. You didn't miss much!! Today I made myself pancakes and bacon for breakfast (is this a diet?!) and it was a wonderful treat. Still getting used to these smoothies. I definitely prefer to eat my food rather than drink it, so those meals are tough. But I'm hanging in there!!

Finished Day 3 of Power 90 also... second round of Sculpt. I've been just the right amount of sore. I liked the Cardio video - it was very similar to the Cardio X from P90X, just not quite as intense.

having a hard time drinking all the water. before each meal/after each meal ..PLUS all the liquid at each meal. i am going to the bathroom all day long :(
  • michele73
    Options
    I have not been having the bread in the moring even though it's an option to add it in. I just thought the less carbs the better. That could explain why I am sometimes extra hungry. I used the bread twice in the morning when it was a grilled cheese option. And of course when it's a turkey sandwich day. My favorite! I miss having a sandwitch for lunch sometimes. I wish it wa more often. I am trying to find where in the book it said that the bread is something we can add each day even though it's not listed. I know I saw it somewhere.

having a hard time drinking all the water. before each meal/after each meal ..PLUS all the liquid at each meal. i am going to the bathroom all day long :(
  • michele73
    Options
    I just wanted to add that the 17 pounds I lost did not come from shred alone. I lost weight on my own first.
  • masrite
    masrite Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's day 3 for me, too. So far, so good. Today, I made myself a protein shake and I was hungry. I think I like the soup instead. I, too, enjoy the sandwiches. It's nice to have something other then protein and veggies. Am having a hard time getting in all those extra veggies and fruits, though. The liquids I'm doing fine with. I usually drink about 12-14 cups a day. It's my skinny lattes I'm missing. One day soon, I'll be able to have it again.

Hoping when I weigh in Monday morning, I'm not disappointed. Saturday is also my birthday, so, it'll be interesting how that day goes. At least I"ll be busy watching my daughter's 3 soccer games for All Stars!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying focused!!
  • pishicat
    Options
    It's day 3 for me, too. So far, so good. Today, I made myself a protein shake and I was hungry. I think I like the soup instead. I, too, enjoy the sandwiches. It's nice to have something other then protein and veggies. Am having a hard time getting in all those extra veggies and fruits, though. The liquids I'm doing fine with. I usually drink about 12-14 cups a day. It's my skinny lattes I'm missing. One day soon, I'll be able to have it again.

Hoping when I weigh in Monday morning, I'm not disappointed. Saturday is also my birthday, so, it'll be interesting how that day goes. At least I"ll be busy watching my daughter's 3 soccer games for All Stars!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying focused!!

i went on the facebook page for ShredderNation...and alot of helpful hints...apparently there is a veggie burger day ..not sure which week though...lots of people are confused if they can have bread with it or not.