Delicious Mushrooms Soup

Options
maremare312
maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
I love making soups that are pretty much just seasoned pureed vegetables, finished with a bit of butter and cream. A stick blender is my favorite tool in the kitchen!

Mushroom Soup

2 1/2 cups assorted mushrooms mushrooms
1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
4 T butter, divided
1 thick slice onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, diced
water
1 tsp Better than Bouillon paste--Beef
1 tsp Better than Bouillon paste--Vegetable
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water, just to cover. Saute the fresh mushrooms, onion, and garlic in 2 T butter until very lightly browned, adding salt and pepper to taste as you go. Move to soup pot, add the dried mushrooms and their soaking water. Add water just to cover everything. Mix in bouillon pastes, thyme, and Worcestershire. Simmer for ten minutes. Using stick blender (immersion blender) carefully blend until consistency you like. Add in last 2 T butter, Parmesan, and half and half, adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed.

Makes 4 large servings

Nutrition per serving: 191 calories, 9 g carb, 6 g protein, 15 g fat, 4 g fiber = 5 g net carb

Replies

• glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I make a similar one but without worchestershire. May have to try that! Funny- I HATE the stick blender but my son in law, a chef, loves them too!
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This sounds absolutely delicious. I'm trying it tomorrow if I can get to the grocery store.

Thanks!
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Maremare: Tried your mushroom soup for lunch today. It was fantastic and filling. Loved it.

thanks,
    Debbie
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I turned my leftovers into green bean casserole! Glad you liked it :)