Stall or overly zealous?

Options
After breaking the 180 barrier about a week ago at 179. I weighed in today back at 181?

My intake is 1900 calories daily and i am at or slightly under. My intake is 65%fat, 30% pro, and 5% carbs (keto diet). I feel.really good so dont knock my eats. I am 4 weeks into stronglifts 5x5. I weigh everything and dont cheat.

What gives?

Replies

• dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    My weight can fluctuate as much as 4 lbs in one day. I mostly attribute it to water retention due to sodium intake.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It is most likely water weight fluctuations.
  • crash1967
    Options
    I dunno, it seems like science and i am anal about it all. Its been a couple.of weeks and at the rate i have the numbers worked out to i should be losing a pound a week and i seem to be stuck for the last couple of weeks. Why would or how could the body stop from losing when its not getting enough to maintain the weight? I dont get how that could even be.

At what point do i want to go for less calories or even increase calories if the starvation mode thingy can stop one from losing?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would think that 1900 is pretty light for an active man. You could always try to add a few hundred more calories. I know I personally saw a lot more results at 2600 calories than 1800 calories. Add 300 more calories for a few weeks to see how it goes.
  • crash1967
    Options
    Weird but ok. What the hell....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Weird but ok. What the hell....

Its not as uncommon or crazy as you think. Large calorie deficits can prevent weight loss.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • crash1967
    Options
    Cool. Thanks for that. I have been a little stressed too...
  • crash1967
    Options
    If you mean booze no, but i do feel the marbley fat! In fact, when i noticed it the other day i kinda panicked a bit and thought i had a weird tumor but then noticed it all over.

Damn, maybe i shouldnt up my cals then?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you mean booze no, but i do feel the marbley fat! In fact, when i noticed it the other day i kinda panicked a bit and thought i had a weird tumor but then noticed it all over.

Damn, maybe i shouldnt up my cals then?

Well, it's more the effect alcohol or carb refeed can cause to water retained in fat cells.

2nd link.

I figured you were going to do the carb aspect, so the limited alcohol and fact those carbs don't react the same might be an option.