Exercise Diary Week 3 - 21/01 - 27/01

Options
katieuk
katieuk Posts: 304 Member
So girls we are on to week 3 and hopefully this week I will be able to join in!! :-)

Monday 21/01 = NMTZ
Tuesday 22/01 = Rest
Wednesday 23/01 = NMTZ
Thursday 24/01 = NMTZ
Friday 25/01 = Rest
Saturday = NMTZ
Sunday = NMTZ

You will notice that I have put NMTZ for the whole of this week.

The reason is because it has no impact e.g. jumping around, in which I could potentiall jar my back!! So while I am easing myself back into it I think weights whilst still doing moves that cause a sweat will be better than doing high impact jumping workouts.

If I start to feeling better mid-week I might shake it up a little but I want to be better safe than sorry!! :-)

Replies

• SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Still going strong on the regimen I started on Jan 4th. This week I plan to take it up a level...I'm definitely glad I decided to do it for 2 weeks instead of one cause I actually feel ready to move to the next level.

Monday - 30 Day Shred Level 2
    Tuesday - Ripped in 30 Level 2
    Wednesday - No More Trouble Zones
    Thursday - 30 Day Shred Level 2
    Friday - Ripped in 30 Level 2
    Saturday - Cardio (Body Revolution Cardio 3 or a 2-3 mile run)
    Sunday - Rest

I plan to keep this routine for the next two weeks. I'm so loving it and mixing up the workouts has kept me from getting bored.

For me I think I need to reevaluate my diet....I'm still not dropping pounds like I thought I would but I still loosing inches. If anyone has any suggestions please share. I dont eat horrible but Im not on a strict "diet" and just try to stay under my calories according to MFP.

Hope everyone is staying motivated!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Mon - 6W6P Level 1 & NMTZ
    Tues - 30DS
    Wed - Shred it with Weights Level BM and BFBM
    Thurs - R130 Level 1
    Fri - Yoga Meltdown & Cardio Kickbox
    Sat- Rest
    Sun - Rest

What I have been doing is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I get in one hour of JM and then on Tuesday and Thursday I get in 30 minutes. I do the first listed excercise for each day first and then I do NMTZ or BFBM until I hit the hour or 30 minute mark... Weird I know, but I never said I was normal...

Hope you ladies are doing well!
  • katieuk
    Options
    Monday 21/01 = NMTZ - I have actually done level 1 Ripped in 30 instead
    Tuesday 22/01 = Rest
    Wednesday 23/01 = NMTZ
    Thursday 24/01 = NMTZ
    Friday 25/01 = Rest
    Saturday = NMTZ
    Sunday = NMTZ

Sarice - 1lb of muscle is small in size than a 1lb of fat!!

So with all the exercise you will be turning the fat into muscle, that muscle will still be the same weight as the fat (hence lack of weight loss) but it will be smaller than the fat in mass (hence the loss of inches)!!

Sometimes you will find that an olympic athlete who is slim, toned and lean will be the same weight as someone you would look at and think they are overweight - that is because of this!!

If you are losing inches then honestly I wouldn't worry at all about the weight loss - if you look at my post I say I do not weigh myself I only do measures because I think that measures are a more true reflection on the hard work and the loss!!

Keep at it, keep positive, it is obviously working !! Come 3rd February your inches will be done and compared to when we first started you will see a difference no doubt from what you have said above!! The number on the scales I personally don't think matters that can fluctuate so so much!! And like I said the muscle vs fat!!

Stay positive :-)
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Mon - 6W6P Level 1 & NMTZ (WarmUP through end of Circuit 3) - Completed 604 Calories burned. :)
    Tues - 30DS
    Thurs - R130 Level 1
    Sat- Rest
    Sun - Rest

What I have been doing is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I get in one hour of JM and then on Tuesday and Thursday I get in 30 minutes. I do the first listed excercise for each day first and then I do NMTZ or BFBM until I hit the hour or 30 minute mark... Weird I know, but I never said I was normal...

• SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Monday - NMTZ - KA
    Tuesday - Yoga Meltdown L1
    Wednesday -rest
    Thursday - 30 DS L1
    Friday - BFBM
    Saturday - NMTZ
    Sunday - 30 DSL1 and L2
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Ok I am new on here so first off let me just say thank you for allowing me to join! Also you are all doing great with your workouts! Here is my schedule:

Monday: Rest (Very sore from a sunday beach body class and sick with a cold)
    Tuesday: BFBM (still sick but will try and complete the whole thing)
    Wednesday: NMTZ
    Thursday: BFBM
    Friday: NMTZ
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Probably the same beach body class i went to last week- (No jillian but trust me the trainer kicks our rears!!)
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Ok I am new on here so first off let me just say thank you for allowing me to join! Also you are all doing great with your workouts!

Welcometo the group! Nice to see the new face and a fellow JM fan! lol Good Luck!:drinker:
  • raqufern
    Options
    Ok I am new on here so first off let me just say thank you for allowing me to join! Also you are all doing great with your workouts!

Welcometo the group! Nice to see the new face and a fellow JM fan! lol Good Luck!:drinker:

Love and hate Jillian Michaels at the same time! SHE DELIVERS THOUGH!!!!!!
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Mon - 6W6P Level 1 & NMTZ (WarmUP through end of Circuit 3) - Completed 604 Calories burned. :)
    Tues - 30DS - KICKED *kitten*! Also completed thighs and tri circuit of NMTZ 344 calories burned
    Thurs - R130 Level 1
    Sat- Rest
    Sun - Rest

@raqufern - isn't that the truth! I get more of a workout in her 27min workouts then some 60 min ones I have on my shelf....
  • raqufern
    Options

Tuesday: BFBM --Well I couldnt get past 5 min without a cough attack so I may have to change it up a bit and stick to only NMTZ until this cold is gone!

Wednesday: NMTZ --

Thursday: BFBM--

Friday: NMTZ--

Saturday: Rest--

Sunday: Probably the same beach body class i went to last week- (No jillian but trust me the trainer kicks our rears!!)
  • katieuk
    Options
    Tuesday 22/01 = Rest
    Wednesday 23/01 = NMTZ - I actually did JM Ripped in 30 level 1 followed by Laden's LBT (as recorded from the Fitness Channel)
    Thursday 24/01 = NMTZ - changing this to a rest day
    Friday 25/01 = NMTZ
    Saturday = NMTZ - changing this to a rest day
    Sunday = NMTZ

I am having 3 days rest this week whilst I ease myself back into exercise having had 2 weeks off with a back / shoulder / knee injury - yes I felt very sorry for myself haha!!

I don't want to push it so although I do prefer 5 days plus 2 rest days I am doing 4 days exercise and 3 days rest this week!!
  • PBsMommy
    Options

Tues - 30DS - KICKED *kitten*! Also completed thighs and tri circuit of NMTZ 344 calories burned

Wed - Shred it with Weights Level BM and BFBM - Completed Shred With Weights, I also finished up NMTZ by doing the 3 core circuits and did the first two circuits of BFBM to get my hour in

Thurs - R130 Level 1
    Sat- Rest
    Sun - Rest

• katieuk
    Options

Wed - Shred it with Weights Level BM and BFBM - Completed Shred With Weights, I also finished up NMTZ by doing the 3 core circuits and did the first two circuits of BFBM to get my hour in

Thurs - R130 Level 1
    Sat- Rest
    Sun - Rest

I like what you do with the making up of the 30mins or 60mins mark by doing a circuit or two of either NMTZ / BFBM - good idea!!
  • raqufern
    Options

Tuesday: BFBM --Well I couldnt get past 5 min without a cough attack so I may have to change it up a bit and stick to only NMTZ until this cold is gone!

Wednesday: NMTZ -- Still was too sick to workout!

Thursday: BFBM-- Finally pushed and finished 405 calories burned---- and a cough atack afterwards loL!

Friday: NMTZ--

Saturday: Rest--

• katieuk
    Options
    Tuesday 22/01 = Rest
    Wednesday 23/01 = NMTZ - I actually did JM Ripped in 30 level 1 followed by Laden's LBT (as recorded from the Fitness Channel)
    Thursday 24/01 = NMTZ - changing this to a rest day
    Friday 25/01 = NMTZ - I have done Ripped in 30 level 1 and Killer Buns and Thighs level 1
    Saturday = NMTZ - changing this to a rest day
    Sunday = NMTZ

So so happy to be back on this challenge I hated my injury / time off!! Feeling so much better now and loving the working out!! Still can never believe how much you burn when doing a JM workout!! Nearly 500 kcal burn for todays workout and that is level 1 !! Wow!!
  • PBsMommy
    Options

Thurs - R130 Level 1 - Completed Today

Fri - Yoga Meltdown & Cardio Kickbox - I completed Yoga Meltdown then finished up BFBM and that took up my hour for today. So I am going to move the cardio kickbox to next week.

Sat- Rest
    Sun - Rest

• SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's been a stressful week. I've been working late every day trying to get my work ready to transfer to co-workers because I'm moving to a new department on Monday. I have two kids sick with influenza B. I got a flu shot but I think its still trying to sap my energy. I made Tuesday a rest day because I had unexpected visitors that didn't leave till 2AM! (family) And by Friday night I was just too exhausted. So I did my Friday workout Saturday morning. Hopefully that will make up for missing a day.

Monday - NMTZ - KA
    Tuesday - Yoga Meltdown L1 - rest day instead
    Wednesday -rest
    Thursday - 30 DS L1 KA
    Friday - BFBM - another rest day
    Saturday - NMTZ - did BFBM and 6W6P L1 instead
    Sunday - 30 DSL1 and L2

For those of you who have done killer buns & thighs, how did you like it? I was thinking of getting it and watched a preview on youtube and it seems like there's a lot of balancing work required for some of the exercises, which gives me pause.
  • katieuk
    Options
    Hi I have done Killer Buns & Thighs I only have level 1 because I recorded it from the Fitness Channel (as I have done with level 1 od Ripped in 30)!!!

I recorded KBT quite a while back now and I didn't like it initially (but that was when I was less fit and not as strong) however, now having got stronger and fitter I really do like it!!

So maybe it is one of those workouts that is better once you feel like you have got a bit better at the other ones!!

Look out for it on the fitness channel - or go to their website see if you can watch the video on there!! Give it a go before buying it!!