Introduction Time

Options
2»

Replies

• BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Bridget. 41 years old. Have 2 sons (both serve in the Army) and 3 grandbabies (all boys...Lol) I've been on my weight loss journey for a year now. I started out at 233lbs and now I'm 218.4.
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Lori and I'm a 35 yr old, married mother of 2 kids, and work full time as a medical coder sitting at a desk all day long. I did weight watchers about ten years ago before I had the kids, and it went really well. Lost about 50 pounds over a one year time period. I don't know anything about the new 360 program. Going to my first meeting and weigh in on Wed. I haven't weighed in a couple weeks but I'm guessing I'm pretty close to 250 pounds on a 5 ft 4in frame. I've been on MFP for about a year and have been doing the calorie counting off and on, but haven't done very well with it. Managed to lose 20 lbs and gain it right back. uggghh......
    My goal weight is to get to around 130 or 135 and be healthy.
    I enjoy exercising but really struggle to schedule it in. Really have to make that a priority.
    Best wishes to everyone in this New Year!
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    p.s. I'll decide which plan I'm going with after the meeting on Wed. evening then I'll set up my diary thread.
  • janielou21
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Jane. I'm 60 year old Mother of 2, Grandmother of 3 teenagers.. I've been caring for several friends and family members through palliative care over the past few years..

The grieving process has added over 60+ pounds on me and it's effecting my health. I've decided to make a huge change this year but require some buddies to help me with the process.

My goal is to lose 50 lbs. for now... and hopefully run/walk a marathon next year...that's if my R/arthritis allows it.. weight loss might help with that issue :)

I've never tried WW, but have heard good things.

Current weight 208
    goal weight 150

Trying to figure out how to add photo, it's coming soon.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jane,
    You have come to a great group and there is lots of information on this group to help you get started.
  • asidebottom
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Alison I live in the UK near London. I did Weightwatchers, the original plan, a couple of years ago and went from 215lb to 154lb over 18 months or so. Managed to keep it off until recently but an injured ankle stopped me exercising for the past four months and I've managed to gain 12lb or so. So back to it using MFP with the the WW bolt on to track points the original way. I'm off on holiday at the end of Feb so would like to get back down to something near 154 by then!

I plan to weigh in tomorrow and go from there. Will hope to start exercising as well, just got to get the go ahead from the physio next week.

Alison
  • LisaAdamo
    LisaAdamo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone! Thank you for creating this site. This is great. I have now been maintaining my weight thru WW Simply Filling Technique. I did loose 25 lbs 3 years ago when I started WW Points but found that the SFT really works for me and is a much healthier way of eating. Now that I found this site and others I think I am going to cancel my monhtly on line as WW does not offer much info on SFT with the exception of the Power Food List.

Look forward to hearing from everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group introduced yourself tell us about you and your goals
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Khristina and I am 45 yrs old and I have been a member of MFP for 2 years and struggling to lose this weight. I use to do weight watchers points years ago but stopped and have forgotten how to do it. I would like to try the points system again or whatever else they have, just can't afford to do the meetings etc.

On Oct 25th 2012 I almost died from a 99% Blockage in my front main Heart Artery LAD so I now have a Heart Stent and I am doing everything I can to stay healthy so i don't have to have any more Stents. I also have some other health issues which require surgery but until I am off of blood thinners I can't have any surgeries :( for the next 6months - 1 Year.

Anyway, I need all the help and guidance and friends helping me along the way that I can find. I am limited as to what exercise i can do now but I am going to have to do it regardless because i need to drop 40-50 pounds.

Thanks for letting me join the group. Happy New Year
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Aleks. I will be 39 (eeek) on the 8th. I've been doing WW points pus on and off since it started. Twice I've done pretty well and then turned back to food and regained back everything plus some. I also tried MFP and calories but I just hate counting calories and actually don't mind counting points.

I'm 5"3 and currently 220-222 pounds (will weigh in tomorrow morning) and I would love to get down to 130. I'm on a LOT of psych meds due to bipolar disorder and one of them put 50 pounds on me in under 2 months years ago and I've been told by both pdoc and therapist that these meds will affect my weight loss so even 150 would be great!

I'm also on meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, rapid heart rate and reflux so I desperately HAVE to lose this weight. I've also been dealing with back injuries (protruding discs) for the last few years that have really affected my ability to do a good workout but I am getting a recumbent bike tomorrow and got a hiking staff for Christmas so this year will be great for working out. Also love workout DVD's and will start to add those in slowly.

I have 3 boys (16, 14 and 12) and my husband was diagnosed with laryngeal cancer almost a year ago (he has never smoked and is only 40). The cancer was removed, came back 6 months later, was removed again this past October and will hopefully stay away this time but that also majorly affected my unhealthy eating habits because I used food to make myself feel better.

Anyway, that's the basic story beside the fact that I use food as a comfort and a friend and really, really need to stop doing that.

I'm starting fresh tomorrow with a new weigh-in and, well, basically a new plan and it will definitely be WW.

Glad to meet you and all I plan on participating here often!!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Looking forward to all the new WW 360 peeps!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Caitlin. I joined Weight Watchers in September 2012 and today is actually my 500th day logging into MFP. I've been constantly battling a stress fracture in my leg and it is very slowly healing (going on about 8 months) I have finally made it back to the gym for cardio but am only operating at 75%. This has been the heaviest I have ever been (185lbs) and I am bound and determined to get back in shape. My goal weight for now is 160lbs. Add me if you like! I love new friends :)
  • cpwll1
    cpwll1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Cindy and I'm 33 years old, I tried WW in 2006 and lost about 40 lbs. Since than, I had gained over 75 lbs due to my pregnancy 2011. While I was pregnant I had started getting high blood pressure and the blood pressure has not gotten lower after I had my son. Currently I weigh 196 and my height is 5'3". I would like to get down to about 140 to lower my blood pressure without having to go on any medication.

I have been using MFP for over a year now and lost some weight but I haven't been keeping track like I used to. I was considering going back to WW to help me lose the weight again. I'm looking for guidance to help me stay motivated and this group seems like the right place to be to help me achieve my goals.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year !!
    I'm Coco. Mommy of 1. Currently a stay at home mom looking to rejoin the work force. Glad to be finally dropping this weight.
    I did WW back in 2007 and 2010.I joined MFP over a year ago and its been a process. My highest weight was 303. My current weight is 209. My goal weight is to be anywhere between 145/160.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Welcome Everyone,

I am thrilled to meet new people on this journey as well and I can't wait for this year to be over, LOL, :wink: Just because I want to get this weight off and I know that it is going to take me the rest of the year to lose the weight. :blushing: .

Great to see all the success as well as those just starting out.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    How nice to find a Vintage Points group!

I'm an old-school WW enthusiast, I've had amazing results on plan and I'm looking to just shift the little bit I've gained from not being on plan for the last 2 years.

All motivation greatly welcomed!

Lots of info about my on my profile, including a link to my blog.
  • daly72
    daly72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello to all! I'm Daly, I'm 41 yrs old, I have to young adults (22 yrs old, 18 yrs old). I did WW flex years ago and I got great results, but when I stopped it I gained all the pounds back, then I tried WW point plus and lost 38 lbs, but I gained all back again. I want to try it again and not to gain the lbs back! ????.