Need diebetic friends with open food diarys

Options
RaineyLaney
RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
Hi, I am new as of 1/16/13 to MFP and would love to get friends with open food diary's that are diabetic. You never know, I may learn something. May find foods I can eat, that I never thought of etc.

Thanks in advance and so happy I found MFP and this goup :)

Replies

• made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • computercarl
    computercarl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm on a Keto Diet though...
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to this group where you will find lots of help and encouragement. I've sent you a friend request.
  • cherylclark2011
    cherylclark2011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like (although dont look at yesterday I went for afternoon tea for my birthday and went a little sugar crazy) :(

I am also newly diagnosed and trying to get the gist of low carbing x
  • tkgraham
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed in September with an a1c of 7.8 and just reversed it with an a1c of 5.6 in 3 months...eating low carb...was doing primal, now doing paleo, a Whole30 right now. I didn't take one pill either. You can do it!
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Thaks everyone. I had a good grasp over all on my FBS, but I never could afford to test my BS before or after meals. I just bought the reli-on (at walmart) 50 stirps for $9.00. All day yesterday I tested with the Reli-on and my one touch ultra mini. They are a few numbers off from each other, but umongs themself, they are accurately recording the ups and downs. (except my Ultra mini messed up once. I would never of known if I hadn't been using both testers at same time.

I realize now, that I was having sugar spikes with my individual meals. I see now why they say to check off and on through out the day. Before and after meals so to speak. I will get this figured out so I can say I have controlled diabetes 2, it will take trial and error for sure.
  • storywebber
    storywebber Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. My food diary is open but I have yet to have a lot in there. One or two meals with plans to add more. I hope you do well with managing diabetes with losing weight and getting those numbers down. Betty
  • storywebber
    storywebber Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband just was diagnosed with diabetes. I have had it for awhile but I don't test. I got a sticker shock this morning when I picked up his test steps and it was 50.00 dollars for 50 of the strips. Do you know if the strips you got at WalMart would work on a Bayer Contour? He has to test twice a day so 50 strips will only last 25 days. Betty
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My diary is public. ...feel free to peek. :)
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new as of 1/16/13 to MFP and would love to get friends with open food diary's that are diabetic. You never know, I may learn something. May find foods I can eat, that I never thought of etc.

Thanks in advance and so happy I found MFP and this goup :)
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Woohoo 2nd post. I messed up the first one as this posting stuff is new to me. As the great Wizard of Oz would say "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

I'm happy to have found this group! I Joined MFP along with the T2 group this past Dec. and have been lurking around.
    Was dx'd T2 in the late 80's, currently managing my diabetes with Metformin 1,000 2x a day, Lantus (Basal) long acting before bedtime, Novolog (rapid acting) at mealtimes and currently have an A1C of 6.2.

I joined MFP to eat healthier, watching the carbs I eat although I have this tool called rapid acting insulin to help my blood sugars return to 100-140 two hours after mealtimes. So you might question some of the food choices in my diary. I'm also taking serious look at the sodium count in the foods I eat now too. It's just amazing to me the foods I thought were good for me is loaded with salt.
    Having no health insurance, I currently use the relion brand of products at Walmart due to the excessive costs associated with the other meters out on the market. The relion strips aren't interchangeable with other meters and visa versa.

In fact, I'm also able to purchase my (relion) pen needles at the pharmacy too w/no scrip at the same cost as the test strips!
    Their pen needles are interchangeable with Lantus and Novolog pens.

I'm currently using the relion prime and its a great meter. When I got it home, I compared the relion with a one touch ultra I'd been using for a long time and the relion is consistently reading within 5% of the one touch.

Although emabarrasing, I'll open my diary for others to look at. It's like going through those body scanners at the airport!
    Feel free to peak too!

I intended to just answer your test strip question and wound up adding much more. Sorry.

Hope I can be of help.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband just was diagnosed with diabetes. I have had it for awhile but I don't test. I got a sticker shock this morning when I picked up his test steps and it was 50.00 dollars for 50 of the strips. Do you know if the strips you got at WalMart would work on a Bayer Contour? He has to test twice a day so 50 strips will only last 25 days. Betty

When I got my dx the meter I got from the hospital and had a lil card in it, i called and it was a script card and I only paid 15.00 for strips

to the original OP mine is open as well
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome, my diary is open to MFP friends. I will send a request.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm fairly new to the site as well and my diary is open, feel free to look although I'm still working on this whole healthy diet thing. I am finding that some of the foods I liked are still ok while others I have to really watch how much I eat, if any.
  • flutterbyeU2
    flutterbyeU2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    happy to join you.
  • flutterbyeU2
    flutterbyeU2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this is my first day of my return. Eating health is important to me, but I am just getting started. I am amazed at how little food I really do need.
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options

I bought the Reli-On meter at Walmart for $16.24 and for 50 test strips it's $9.00.
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to look at my diary and also to friend me. I was diagnost in aug 2012 and have gotten my numbers pretty well under control :) Best of luck.:flowerforyou:
  • RaineyLaney
    Options

I bought the Reli-On meter at Walmart for $16.24 and for 50 test strips it's $9.00.

I did the same. and it seems accurate based up with my One touch ultra mini.
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Welcome, I'm fairly new to the site as well and my diary is open, feel free to look although I'm still working on this whole healthy diet thing. I am finding that some of the foods I liked are still ok while others I have to really watch how much I eat, if any.

Your diary is closed to me and I am a friend... you have to go to food tab, then to settings at far right to change it so friends can see.